Page 1 of 4
http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/07/wall-es-world-8.html?npu=1&mbid=yhp

I personally believe that I don't think Americans are really doing that much to help their diet. The most I see people do is get a diet coke instead of a regular (which, to be honest, barely does anything in my opinion).

Basically, 90% seems a bit iffy, but I think it's going to be pretty high in 2030.

Also, just wanted to also say that the movie Wall-E kicked ass. I'm not a huge kid-movie fan, but I really loved this one.
As I sit on my ass eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toasts Crunch....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I might actually move out of this country before that happens. Sucks though, people are really damn lazy.
This just means that I will be able to run faster than most of the population in a couple years

W00t!!!
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
The trend that I'm seeing is that America is becoming at least a little more health conscious.

At least a little.

I hope

I don't want to live in a nations of fatties.
Wait...Fat is a trend? I am soooooo getting into this trend now.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by burrit0
I might actually move out of this country before that happens. Sucks though, people are really damn lazy.

The rest of the world will be the same in a couple more decades. We are not alone...
I noticed.

*looks down at slowly growing belly*
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by shredderchick
The rest of the world will be the same in a couple more decades. We are not alone...
I might move to Peru, which is a 3rd world country. I don't think we'll be getting fat in a long time.
Quote by The Madcap

Also, just wanted to also say that the movie Wall-E kicked ass. I'm not a huge kid-movie fan, but I really loved this one.

I agree. I thought it was interesting how they threw in commentary on things like how people are getting fat and ****ing up the environment in a movie seemingly directed only at kids. or maybe they're trying to brainwash the kids into caring?! idk. but i doubt 90% of america... i mean hopefully by that time i'm still playing footy and running to stay in shape.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
There will always be those who keep healthy. Not all Americans are gluttonous pigs, in fact, the climbing rate of obesity has sparked a pretty passionate movement to keep kids healthy and whip adults into shape, so, to me, it seems more likely that by 2030 the obesity rate will actually be going down.

Also, please don't twist Wall-E into your own social commentary film, even the director stated that the movie was supposed to be just stating a scenario, not having a message. That's like saying when a sci-fi movie has the world destroyed by aliens that it's a commentary on how contacting alien life is dangerous. It's a scenario, don't take it as anything else. Wall-E was a lovely little love story and should be taken as that and nothing more.
I think that most people here who will be saying, "lol stupid lazy americans" will be mostly Pit regulars that aren't helping their own eating and exercise habits.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by burrit0
I might move to Peru, which is a 3rd world country. I don't think we'll be getting fat in a long time.

you actually might die. fatties will take all the food and leave you skinny then when the time comes they will eat you first, cause they support eachother
Well I think there are too many people in the world so if fat people don't want to watch their weight and they die at age 40 then I don't feel sorry for them, pretty soon I think overpopulation is going to be a big issue.
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
Now that i think of it... think about how much buttsex i'll be getting when everyone else is fat as siht!
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
It is because the American lifestyle is very comfortable compared to the rest of the world and is filled with plush conveniences.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I hate being fat... I need a solution now, damn it! I'm too American to expect anything but instant results!

/confession, not sarcasm...
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
I'm pretty sure diet coke is worse for you than regular coke as diet coke slows your metabolism quite a bit faster than coke.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by Hexagram
haha, I haven't watched this video in years. I love Weird Al

You would....

I'll have a bourbon.
I went to the states before, seems like that now I swear to God EVERYONE is at least a little chubby!
anyone who thinks 90% of america is going to be OBESE in a little over 20 years is ****ing dumb.

besides, we're motivated by sex, which gives some of us a reason to stay unfat.
Quote by The Madcap

Wow, that was completely unrelated

but, 90% is rediculous, definantly exaggerated
I'm an American and in my city, Madison, WI there are not too many fat people (like 25-30% still a lot)
Quote by Mr. Twelve
You would....

12!!!!!!!!!!12!!!!!!!!!12!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick beat me in poker tonight. My kings against his pocket fives and he hit a damn five on the turn...I was pissed
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
^ Haha good point.

To the gentleman who said that we were motivated by sex.

As long as the media continues to portray the ideal woman as several pounds under her healthy body weight, there will be those who choose to starve themselves so they do not get fat.
Last edited by El Tostito at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I hate being fat... I need a solution now, damn it! I'm too American to expect anything but instant results!

/confession, not sarcasm...

if you are serious, try HIIT, 5-6 small meals a day consisting of a balance of food. i lost a ****load of weight and i had carbs and sugars and fats. but i had a balamce. more sleep and tons of water will help. building muscle will make you burn more calories during activities. change up your excercise routine once in a while too, i made that mistake.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
I'm kinda glad because it'll make me hotter by comparison because it's very hard for me to gain weight. Actually, I'd look anorexic if I didn't eat like a fatass. So I'll be a mean lean sexy machine while 90% of everyone else is a slob.

Looks like someone's gonna get a lot of poon in 2030.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Erm. What?
I don't even know how to put into words how ridiculously stupid I find this idea.
I mean, seriously, 90%? This just sounds like some blatant stab at American society. Not to say there's not an obesity problem right now, but 90 f*cking percent? In 22 years? There's a better chance the world really will end in 2012.
Spiral Out
Quote by McGelie
if you are serious, try HIIT, 5-6 small meals a day consisting of a balance of food. i lost a ****load of weight and i had carbs and sugars and fats. but i had a balamce. more sleep and tons of water will help. building muscle will make you burn more calories during activities. change up your excercise routine once in a while too, i made that mistake.

That's quite interesting actually. I've heard this but never thought of it.

Question here: Would a sandwich count as a small meal? Or just an Apple or something?

Also, I've heard that not eating after a certain time is good, that true?
Quote by vintage x metal
idk if my vagina can handle all of this at once.

Quote by hazzmatazz
It's a good time too stop when you start ejaculating air, right?

Quote by frankv
I've been raping my left hand
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm kinda glad because it'll make me hotter by comparison because it's very hard for me to gain weight. Actually, I'd look anorexic if I didn't eat like a fatass. So I'll be a mean lean sexy machine while 90% of everyone else is a slob.

Looks like someone's gonna get a lot of poon in 2030.

Asian genetics ftw.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm kinda glad because it'll make me hotter by comparison because it's very hard for me to gain weight. Actually, I'd look anorexic if I didn't eat like a fatass. So I'll be a mean lean sexy machines while 90% of everyone else is a slob.
But when it comes to women, an instrument like the violin puts on about 20 pounds, the cello puts on about 30 pounds, and a bassoon puts on about 80 pounds.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Asian genetics ftw.

*hi5*

Quote by The Madcap
But when it comes to women, an instrument like the violin puts on about 20 pounds, the cello puts on about 30 pounds, and a bassoon puts on about 80 pounds.

Well, I'm only 120 pounds right now. 140 would just be plain healthy for me. I win.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Hexagram
12!!!!!!!!!!12!!!!!!!!!12!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick beat me in poker tonight. My kings against his pocket fives and he hit a damn five on the turn...I was pissed

Ah that sucks man. That damn Nick always gets lucky.

On topic: Yes, Americans are absurdly fat, but there is no way that obesity rates would reach 90%.

I'll have a bourbon.
Awesome. I know some may disagree, but I am in fact proud of our obesity as Americans. It just means we're so well off we have nothing better to do than cram our faces with as much food as possible, and that's a good thing. In ancient times, being overweight was a sign of power, and by those standards, America is by far the most powerful society to ever exist, or ever will exist. We're fucking deities, practically.

Fat and stupid, yet we rule the fucking world. God bless America.

EDIT: That is until California finally takes my advice and secedes from the U.S. Then I say: Fuck those fat assholes.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Mabey if everybodys fat we can survive an ice age if we have one
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
Anyones looking forward to the Bodybuilding thread????

And wall-e was okay..like any other pixar movie
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
I doubt that 150.000.000 people of the States will turn obese.
It would probably be averted if the parents spent some time with their kids, teaching them how to feed properly rather than bitching how about jesus hates skateboards and music.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Page 1 of 4