It just occurred to me, or at least in my own opinion, that 9-11 and the consequences of the attack on the USA is possibly the most important thing in history to happen in more than 50 years, since WWII.

The "war on terror" is basically carving a nice little hole in the futures history books.

/thoughts provoked by TV ad promoting silver 9-11 memorial 20 dollar bills :/

I dunno to me its just weird to think that we are living in history if that makes sense.
I love it! who wouldn't want a giant sheet of metal worth twenty dollars that you payed 28 for! i mean, so useful! you can... look at it!... and touch it! ... and... buy something that costs twenty dollars with it!

pros- it's bigger than a twenty dollar bill

cons- there is none! $4.95 shipping and handling.

Of course we are. Everyone on earth has lived or is living in history. First world war, second, korean war, vietnam war, moon landing, so much stuff.
I wouldn't buy a silver dollar bill.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I think that commercial's O.K.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing to be able to say that I was alive during 9/11.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I know what you mean, it is interesting. I was also thinking if you think that the scare over terrorism and other stuff is scary, it really doesn't compare to the cold war, when people were afraid they would get atom bombed all of the time.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I love it! who wouldn't want a giant sheet of metal worth twenty dollars that you payed 28 for! i mean, so useful! you can... look at it!... and touch it! ... and... buy something that costs twenty dollars with it!

pros- it's bigger than a twenty dollar bill

cons- there is none! $4.95 shipping and handling.

I don't think its even worth $20, cause if you listen to the commercial, it says its US approved Liberian Tender or something like that... I took it to mean not 20 US dollars but 20 Liberian dollars. I thought about getting it and trying to buy something with it though, just to see reactions
6th member of "its not rape, its surprise sex" club
Some day I will be a senile old man and can tell my grandchildren about the day when I watched the 2nd plane hit on live television then go on some old senile rant about a war that is still going.

Also, I just thought this would be interesting (it is to me at least, and I don't know why) but this is a video that was shown in schools etc. during the 1950's http://youtube.com/watch?v=C0K_LZDXp0I
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Last edited by Hellish_Wolf at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by sacamano79
I know what you mean, it is interesting. I was also thinking if you think that the scare over terrorism and other stuff is scary, it really doesn't compare to the cold war, when people were afraid they would get atom bombed all of the time.

I second this motion

I wish I lived in the time where calling someone a communist was be enough cause for them to spend the night in jail

But really,
that commercial is shameless profiting on a tragic event
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I remember when I ordered my silver 20 dollar bill.

I wanted to order 7.

But it's strictly limited 5 per household.

Jerks.
It's a process, not an event.
its definitely crazy being alive during this time, but apparently no one has heard of the cuban missile crisis, moon landing, and the berlin wall.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
+1 To everyone on their negative attitude towards the commercial.

This thread reminds me of a quote from Ben Franklin. It's about those who allow restrictions of their freedoms aren't worthy of the freedoms granted to them.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

I hate these commercials. What the hell am I going to do with a giant damn 20 dollar bill? Plus the guy on the commercial is always like "and on the dollar is a picture of the world trade center to remind you of that fateful day". No ****?
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I dont think it is as important in the history as it as been made. It's been an horrifying attack, turning planes on a building, but there must have been 50 times more dead people in Rwanda and it looks like people don't give a **** if it doesnt happen in the US. There'S been much more important things than 9/11. You didnt even stated Vietnam and Cold War..
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
that commercials such a ripoff, theyre selling a $20 bill for $40, who would be dumb enough to buy something like that.
Quote by RockinPorsche
I don't think its even worth $20, cause if you listen to the commercial, it says its US approved Liberian Tender or something like that... I took it to mean not 20 US dollars but 20 Liberian dollars. I thought about getting it and trying to buy something with it though, just to see reactions

your thinking of legal tender. that means its actually 20 bucks

Some day I will be a senile old man and can tell my grandchildren about the day when I watched the 2nd plane hit on live television then go on some old senile rant about a war that is still going.

ya thats basically what i meant, only in better words