I'm an American, but i have spent the last 6 and a half years of my life living overseas in Scotland and Norway. Many times I have been made fun of, insulted for, and even gotten into a fight for simply being American. Many people think I support war (which I do not AT ALL) and consider me naturally violent and overweight (also untrue). The point I am trying to make is that not all Americans are war-loving, money-craving, violent, and hateful, but many people from other countries in the world stereotype us as such. What are your thoughts this?
Scots wear skirts and Norwegians... suck.

meh.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Yeah, idiots who stereotype.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by domino_92
I'm an American, but i have spent the last 6 and a half years of my life living overseas in Scotland and Norway. Many times I have been made fun of, insulted for, and even gotten into a fight for simply being American. Many people think I support war (which I do not AT ALL) and consider me naturally violent and overweight (also untrue). The point I am trying to make is that not all Americans are war-loving, money-craving, violent, and hateful, but many people from other countries in the world stereotype us as such. What are your thoughts this?

well I'm sure not all french people are snobbish and rude, then again maybe they are...

it's just a stereotype
Quote by InvaderTSN
Fight fire with fire. As in stereotype the people who are giving you crap.

It's Americans like you that caused his problem in the first place.

The problem is not that most Americans are idiots, but that most of the world is too. Just ignore the crap, anyone giving to you ain't worth your time.
America is the greatest country on Earth, and for some reason we have come under scrutiny for our progress.
Norway's official language would be German were it not for us (don't give me any of that crap about Russia winning the war, we propped them up for 4 years economically before creating a second front) and Scotland...well what the f**k has Scotland ever done for the world.

I'm ****ing sick of it too.
"Love truth, Pardon error."-Voltaire

My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Gibson Black Beauty
Schecter Avenger
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Marshal 1962 4X12 cab
Dunlop Jazz III's
Quote by domino_92

How unfortunate. Especially since Americans in general don't stereotype citizens of other countries.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
How unfortunate. Especially since Americans in general don't stereotype citizens of other countries.

I personally don't, but I'll give you that one
Quote by ThroughtheHaze
America is the greatest country on Earth, and for some reason we have come under scrutiny for our progress.
Norway's official language would be German were it not for us (don't give me any of that crap about Russia winning the war, we propped them up for 4 years economically before creating a second front) and Scotland...well what the f**k has Scotland ever done for the world.

I'm ****ing sick of it too.

Yeah wave a flag and see who gives a rats ass. There is no 'greatest country on earth' and being overly proud and patriotic is just as useless as persecuting people for where they come from (you managed both there, well done). The fact is, nobody chooses where they're born, so it's ridiculous to be so damn proud of it. You're life is worth just as much as the poor farmer starving in ethiopia.
Stereotypes exist for a reason lol... Nah I don't feel like that. Anywhere you go people will have a preconceived notion about every other region in the world. People will say something very generalized about your country and every other country. Your best bet is to not let it rub you the wrong way and let people know that your not like that. If these people still feel the way they do then obviously they aren't worth your time to talk to.
I am the Stig.
Quote by domino_92
I personally don't, but I'll give you that one

I don't either. But I see others doing it all the time.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Weybl Himself
Yeah wave a flag and see who gives a rats ass. There is no 'greatest country on earth' and being overly proud and patriotic is just as useless as persecuting people for where they come from (you managed both there, well done). The fact is, nobody chooses where they're born, so it's ridiculous to be so damn proud of it. You're life is worth just as much as the poor farmer starving in ethiopia.

That's what I'm getting at! Thank you!