In my opinion there is no need to brag about your song taking only 30 minutes. When it flows it flows, and when it doesnt it doesnt. Especially if you use it as an excuse, if you posted it you have to be decently happy with it. If you write it own up to the mistakes/lesser parts in it.

Feelings on this subject?
yea, if it takes 30 minutes, it takes 30 minutes. sometimes I'll write an entire verse in 1 minute, and it will be real good, and I keep telling myself to go back and finish it, but I don't finish it, until a month and a half later I go back, and finish it.
Well it depends...
Sometimes people get in a good groove and can finish stuff in under 30 minutes or an hour or whatever.
9/10 if they say "It only took me 30 minutes", they're not trying to brag, they're trying to mask their own insecurity over it. If they get praise for it, THEN they feel confident enough, but it can go either way. I've read brilliant lyrics that took 20 minutes to write and I've read horrible lyrics that take days.
I don't think you can write a song that fast, because if you do it usualy isn't what you want exactly.

But I'm a perfectionist.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by slaveofsatan
I don't think you can write a song that fast, because if you do it usualy isn't what you want exactly.

But I'm a perfectionist.

As a perfectionist myself, I agree.

I can write a full song lyrics & music in less than an hour. It's how I write most of my stuff, in the moment, fully done.

But once it's finished I will spend days, weeks, months even, fixing it.

However, on the same topic, I do have a few songs which I wrote in that hour and haven't touched since. But I don't play most of them.

All the ones I play live with my band backing me get changed. To better suit a drumline, or a basspart. However, seeing as I write them as well it doesn't matter to me.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
when someone says 'i just wrote this in 5 minutes' or something to that effect, I immediately don't respect the piece as much, or look as deeply into it.
Even if the initial writing takes that short of a time, you still should look over it, revise it and build on it.
imo.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by Snowblind 911
when someone says 'i just wrote this in 5 minutes' or something to that effect, I immediately don't respect the piece as much, or look as deeply into it.
Even if the initial writing takes that short of a time, you still should look over it, revise it and build on it.
imo.

I'm the same, even though I do it myself.

90% of the stuff I write gets used in its original 20minute form. However, I may change a few words here and there, I wont change entire lines. I just find that, if I'm in a mood and write something, changing it takes away from the piece. If I write something and then don't like it the next day, it gets pushed to the side.

I write 10+ songs for every single song I write that I actually like.

There's over 1000 lyrics/poems on my computer and yet, there's less than 100 that i'm really proud of.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Time taken to write and finish a song doesn't matter; as long as you the writer are happy with it.

I've taken 5-10 minutes to write some songs. Then there are others that have taken months to finally get them to the point where I'm happy with them.
'I wrote this in 5 mins' means that they haven't bothered editing it or looking in to it themselves, or that even they think it's throwaway... so why should I bother? There's no need to state it if it doesn't effect the quality of the piece, and there's no need to post it if it does.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
most peoplee just do that as an excuse if it actually sucks, that way when someone says anything negative about it, they can reply, "Well i just wrote it down real quick in five mins., its a work in progress, or something to that effectl
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
I write in flurries. I generally write my pieces in about 10 minutes but I've had an idea in my head for a few days, so when I go down to write it the words seem to flow into eachother. Then again, I always try to revise and find the parts I can improve when I'm finished.
sometimes i get ideas and slam them down and i like them
other times it takes forever and i have to consult the dictionary and thesuarus for some things
it just depends
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA