i want to make my mim telecaster a beast
but i dont want to mod the body (cut or router in it)

dont look at my profile to see the amp i use cuz i use a pro reverb almost all the time, its just not mine, so dont tell me to buy a new amp

tight now its just the stock pickups

i was thinking for the neck this one:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seymour-Duncan-ST59-1-Little-59-Telecaster-Pickup-101390599-i1127359.gc

and for the bridge i dont know
i was looking at this Lace but its gotten mixed reviews
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Lace-Sensor-Gold-Pickup-305426-i1167973.gc

i'm looking for, i guess the easiest way to describe it is, rock/alternative sound
i play stuff like radiohead, stills, shins.....etc.

any suggestions? (remember roar like a tiger)
check out dimarzio's "DP181 fast track 1" and the "DP384 special chopper". found them at musiciansfriend.com
i don't know if that lace sensor will fit in the tele bridge position because it looks like more of a strat style pickup (they are not the same shape or size).

also, the pickup you posted for the neck - thats a bridge pickup, so it probably won't fit in the neck pickup routing.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
bridge - Dimarzio Super Distortion T
neck - Duncan 59
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by WtrPlyr
Get an overdrive pedal, or fuzz or something. It will make it roar

+1, yeah, i forgot to mention that a telecaster can roar with stock pickups. even my squier standard tele can do it. You just need more gain. It looks like the fender pro-reverb is very similar to the twin reverb, in which case, its a very clean sounding amp which you won't easily get a roar out of without using an overdrive pedal. humbuckers won't make the amp break up at quieter volumes, if thats what you're trying to achieve.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

i have 2 overdrive pedals
fulltone and bad monkey

basicly what i want to do is get rid of the twang
I was under the impression that the twang is an inherent quality of the Tele sound.

Have you tried turning down the tone control?

Have you tried a different guitar?
ya i've been told this before
i always have the tone knob down a little
and i dont have the money for a new guitar

the bridge is up in the air right now for me between these 3
duncan lil 59
dimarzio chopper t
hot rails

the neck position i have no clue
i would put a humbucker in there but i think i'd have to route out the body
check out prince's solo on "while my guitar gently weeps" for the george harrison benefit. He played a tele emgs.. and that puppy roared.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
If you want a BIGGER sound, you will need humbuckers, not just an OD pedal. Its a matter of opinion, but imo, when I think "roar" I think of Angus Young, or Jimmy Page's live tone, which is really not very high gain at all.

You can add more gain, but it will not make a sound bigger, just more saturated.
Quote by vampwizzard
check out prince's solo on "while my guitar gently weeps" for the george harrison benefit. He played a tele emgs.. and that puppy roared.

i played an american tele with EMGs in it and it sounded awful. It was sterile, and completely flat, characterless, with no tonal depth at all. and they weren't the Passive EMGs either... basically, it roared, but it roared crapness.

Don't buy the SD Hot Rails. I've got that in my strato and it's simply awful.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Quote by al112987
If you want a BIGGER sound, you will need humbuckers, not just an OD pedal. Its a matter of opinion, but imo, when I think "roar" I think of Angus Young, or Jimmy Page's live tone, which is really not very high gain at all.

You can add more gain, but it will not make a sound bigger, just more saturated.

yes that is exactly what i want
and i know i need a humbucker in the neck but i dont want to put a router to my guitar and i dont think it would fit if i didnt

there are mini humbuckers that would fit but i dont think it will give me what i want out of it
Quote by the elefant
yes that is exactly what i want
and i know i need a humbucker in the neck but i dont want to put a router to my guitar and i dont think it would fit if i didnt

there are mini humbuckers that would fit but i dont think it will give me what i want out of it

The little '59 and JB jr. sound just like their larger counterparts.
i think i'm gunna go with a mini humbucker actually...
gibson makes a good one
so does lollar but i think its too pricey at $150
any suggestions?