Which has the better sound?
I want something that to practice very quietly on (I'm in a share house) and I hear the POD is good for direct input recording too.
The Pocket POD is slightly cheaper and I hear it is the same as the POD 2.0... but I will pay out more if the POD 2.0 has any advantage.
If it is any relevance, I play metal and I have a Schecter Omen 6.
I think the 2.0 doesnt come with the presets that the pocket does.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
I don't really care about presets... Its mostly the quality amp/cab and effects and output that I am concerned about. I'm fine with finding my own sounds.
I don't really care about presets... Its mostly the quality amp/cab and effects and output that I am concerned about. I'm fine with finding my own sounds.
You answered your own questions. The pocket POD is for jamming about on your own, or if you desperately need some tones to jam with people, but in terms of sound quality and customisation - the 2.0 will always win.
make sure it can stream audio down the USB if you are planning on using these for recording, most PODs wont do this and so you will want an audio interface with it...

The POD 2.0 is better IMO
Thanks - I wasn't sure after all the "Pocket POD is basically a small POD 2.0".
The pocket pod has very much better interface that is friendly...The design is also better and you have LCD....i dont like 2.0 much, i prefer pocket pod...I will aslo buy it..But both of them have great futures...Check them on youtube
I tried YouTooobe but it wasn't really clear and simple...
Quote by _3Lm0_
I tried YouTooobe but it wasn't really clear and simple...

I will send you links..I found great stuff for Pocket POD on youtube
i think there the same, which pisses me off that i paid double for the pod 2.0

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
as far as amp and cab modeling goes, they're virtually the same. i would think that the 2.0 would have a better processor and etc, giving it an overall better sound for what you want. because the processor chip will easily change your tone from crap -> goodness.

but i don't know... i've been watching that mattchurchill kid and he's getting some fine tones out of his...

if you plan to record a lot with one of these, i would go for the 2.0. the PP really isn't made for a recording tool like the 2.0 is. now if you are leaning on the practice side, with occasional recordings, then the PP might be a better idea. you can still record using the PP isn't just not going to sound as good, and full, etc etc. it might be on the weak side, but i've never recorded with one so i couldn't tell you. the PP is more portable and packs quite the punch for musicians who want a small and portable, yet very good sounding modeling interface.

if you're worried about price, i'd say just pick up a used 2.0 on ebay, you'll get it a lot cheaper than the PP.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by MetalMan-93
the difference isn't big(money)

imagine what you could do with that $80...
new pickup?
new strings?
dinner for 2?
a night out in town?

it doesn't necessarily mean guitar related things, but saving $80 is always joyous.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.