Firstly, I understand that what I am about to ask advice about will be no easy feat. However,I am not going to be deterred so please don't even mention that fact.

I'm looking for jobs as a junior journalist or junior reporter.
Eventually I'd like to get an Open University (OU) degree in English language and then do a postgraduate degree in journalism.

Do you think I stand more of a chance after doing a course-proofreading,to be precise-or to simply go in on my GCSEs and incomplete A levels?

Also,do you think I should put the OU and postgraduate plans on my CV/covering letter or leave that out?

Thanks for any help.
Tim

PS.By the time I start I'll only be 17,hence the junior position.
First word of advice: The Pit is not going to help you.

Okay maybe that was 8 words. You're welcome.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Blow Me
First word of advice: The Pit is not going to help you.

Okay maybe that was 8 words. You're welcome.

Thanks
The pit really seems to have gone downhill in my two week period of absence.
If you do a course in proofreading, it will almost certainly help you in your exams. It'll also look good on a CV saying that you did a course when you were 17, because it shows that you have a good interest in the subject, which would be helpful
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Maybe go to a college and finish off the A levels? You'd have a better chance getting into university.

Also, learn how to use commas. >_> <_<
Quote by _Tim_
The pit really seems to have gone downhill in my two week period of absence.

why is it when people leave the pit and come back,
they always say its gone downhill.

I'm pretty sure the pit is the same.
*checks thread on cats pissing everywhere*

Hasn't gone downhill yet.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

i would reccomend completing a levels.

my mate sorta wants to go into jurnalism and is doing a levels, starting some writing college course in sept as well as using the spare time to retake any a-level modules if needed.
i think then he plans to go on to uni after that.

hope this gives some sort of help
Quote by I<3ChubbyCocks
Maybe go to a college and finish off the A levels? You'd have a better chance getting into university.

Also, learn how to use commas. >_> <_<

Open university requires no A levels. And the commas;have you been up since 1:30am after two hours sleep? Furthermore,did you do around 6 hours of heavy lifting to help your father out? I really doubt it.

Quote by Mr. Rittard
why is it when people leave the pit and come back,
they always say its gone downhill.

I'm pretty sure the pit is the same.
*checks thread on cats pissing everywhere*

Hasn't gone downhill yet.

It just seems to have changed.
Quote by _Tim_
Open university requires no A levels. And the commas;have you been up since 1:30am after two hours sleep? Furthermore,did you do around 6 hours of heavy lifting to help your father out? I really doubt it.

Lol. I'm just saying. If you have the effort to use capital letters and full stops etc, surely it's not too much to ask to put a space after a comma? Then again I'm a Grammar Nazi.
Quote by I<3ChubbyCocks
Lol. I'm just saying. If you have the effort to use capital letters and full stops etc, surely it's not too much to ask to put a space after a comma? Then again I'm a Grammar Nazi.

Sorry if I sounded sharp,I'm wrecked and can't sleep as I have the glorious task of babysitting . If I'm honest the space is something I nearly always forget to do