Any of you guys in England (or America ) know of any good music shops in Nottingham, UK?
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
I went for work experience at the Drum & Guitar centre. Pretty good shop, and the guys in there are cool. Music inn, also.
Music Inn is awesome. I bought my first gear from there, and I keep going back.

Good stock, nice people, great shop.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I love Music Inn. You can get cheaper online, but you sure as hell don't get the awesome customer services. Quiet, plenty of space, decent range of off-the-shelf gear that they're more than happy to let you try out for as long as you want, and they're willing to order items they don't regularly carry. Staff are very knowledgeable too. If I'm buying new gear, then they're the first place I head to, and usually the last.

Carol (I think that's her name, been a while) from there is an awesome lady. With a store like that staffed by people like her, it's no wonder Soundcontrol down in Hockley went belly up.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic

Carol (I think that's her name, been a while) from there is an awesome lady. With a store like that staffed by people like her, it's no wonder Soundcontrol down in Hockley went belly up.

She rocks that place to the ground. Seriously cool lady.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Can't think of no more, but Music Inn is decent. Better than any shops here in Mansfield.

I remember when Soundcontrol was called Academy of Sound, its where I first got guitar lessons all them many years ago...
Quote by DeSean

I remember when Soundcontrol was called Academy of Sound, its where I first got guitar lessons all them many years ago...

Oh man, yeah. Wasn't all that long ago actually. From my recollection, though, it was still, well, wank.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Music Inn's my favourite, Music Room's too expensive, among other things..
Quote by TommUK
Music Inn's my favourite, Music Room's too expensive, among other things..

Among other things such as ignorant staff, terrible range of gear, always full of "look diddums, guitars!" 2.4 children families cluttering up the place, terrible layout, absolutely no idea of the wants and needs of people looking to purchase musical instruments and related goods?

Sounds about right to me. Their redeeming factor would be their wide range of literature, but seeing as you can order it online for a fraction of the price, and there is basically no bonus in being able to handle it before you buy it... kind of a moot point.
Sorry to bump, but very useful thread.
As the last reply was a good 6 months ago, was wondering if any amazing new places have sprung up recently?
I'm looking to get a jazzmaster for my 18th, and I'm looking to find somewhere with one on stock so I can have a play etc.
Thanks guys
dont know about shottingham , but derby has a few guitar shops...

try yellow pages, or google..
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by Spengebaab
Nottingham Lace

Your location is fucking annoying
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Whoa, my thread got hi-jacked?

Hell naw.

But yeah I don't mind...
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by midi pure
dont know about shottingham , but derby has a few guitar shops...

try yellow pages, or google..

Derby and Nottingham are effectively the same place, so close together. I love Derby though, being from there. Rams>Forest. Cloughie FTW none-the-less.