I recently bought an old classical acoustic at a boot fair and I was wondering how to fit a new bridge onto it as I noticed a crack in the black plastic. how do I get the old bridge off and the new bridge on without paying someone to do it as I don't have the money?
Quote by Les Paul Ell
they like you BECAUSE you've got a hot girlfriend. They see you and think, "woah, there must be something special bout him!" and they're gagging for it so they like you too. And it's kinda funny cos you won your current girlfriend over in a raffle.
umm i'm not really sure that's possible, but hey man.. i know nothing about building guitars... the bridge is probably glued or something.. so it would be hard to take the old bridge off :/
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Yeah, it's most likely glued.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Does anybody know how to get the bridge off I know it's glued on, that's why i'm asking for help. Is there any way of heating the glue to take the bridge off.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
they like you BECAUSE you've got a hot girlfriend. They see you and think, "woah, there must be something special bout him!" and they're gagging for it so they like you too. And it's kinda funny cos you won your current girlfriend over in a raffle.
You might mess up the finish if you try taking it off. Why don't you just put some super glue in the crack to hold it together.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Quote by dlabooda
You might mess up the finish if you try taking it off. Why don't you just put some super glue in the crack to hold it together.

i just ordered a new bridge online. the bridge is coming off of the wood itself and if I tried to push it down and superglue it the bridge would snap. Plus i'm gonna reapply the finish as i'm totally modding this guitar.
EDIT: I'm thinking of applying a nice pink finish lol
Quote by Les Paul Ell