My bass player just told me he's quitting.

over msn.

his excuse was that he's bored wif bass, which i can sorta understand, but im pissed about the whole, dont tell me at school, but just wait till he's on msn thing.

has anyone ever done this to you?
Our guitarist was sacked from another band via text.
He had joined a local punk outfit just to help them out while he was still with Slack Babbath, eventualy their drummer started getting onto him because he was in more than one band and told him he should just be playing for them. Our guitarist said something along the lines of 'Leave Slack Babbath? But I'm only on loan from them to you anyway.' so they sent him a text later to sack him.
It's childish and a little underhand. If you're gonna quit or sack someone, at least have the balls to do to someone's face.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Our guitarist was sacked from another band via text.
He had joined a local punk outfit just to help them out while he was still with Slack Babbath, eventualy their drummer started getting onto him because he was in more than one band and told him he should just be playing for them. Our guitarist said something along the lines of 'Leave Slack Babbath? But I'm only on loan from them to you anyway.' so they sent him a text later to sack him.
It's childish and a little underhand. If you're gonna quit or sack someone, at least have the balls to do to someone's face.

my thoughts exactly.
My first band lost it's vocalist via email despite me going to school with him every day.
I dumped my ex via msn (she was a total loon though).

-shrugs-
my singer was out of town but was msn, and the others kicked him out cuase they didn't like them (wtf?) so because majority rules (them vs me) the bandleader(me had to tell him)
so now im in to band lol, i promised him that cause hes so good ill do a band w/ him at same time, on msn.
if he wasn't out of town i would've done it to his face because hes my friend.
at least i was online but stil, kinda sucked...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I was going to have my first band once and I was really pumped about having my first band. In two days the Guitarist and the Drummer decides to quit the ****ing band and we didn't even have one jam yet! I swear to god, it was the biggest waste of time I have ever seen. It was only me and the bassist left. the bassist is a bit of a control freak and IMHO, doesn't have great knowledge of music or good music taste.

I still haven't had a band yet, because everyone in my area just babies.
I got dumped by a girl via email once.

The day after Valentines Day.

If you're gonna part ways with someone do it face to face, or at least with a phone call.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've always felt that face-to-face is the only way to break up - either quitting a band, or a relationship or whatever.

But maybe that makes me old-school. Maybe the new culture, already being all about texting, MSN, etc. finds that acceptable. I dunno. I hope not. Kids these days.... haha

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
I've always felt that face-to-face is the only way to break up - either quitting a band, or a relationship or whatever.

But maybe that makes me old-school. Maybe the new culture, already being all about texting, MSN, etc. finds that acceptable. I dunno. I hope not. Kids these days.... haha
CT

Yeah, text-messeging is the worst thing to come out of the "communication revolution" IMO. Yes, worse than spam, phishing, and a hundred other digital horrors. And this is one of the main reasons why. The proximity you have when communicating with someone should be relative to the amount of respect you have for them and the seriousness of the business at hand. Not to mention that a text messege can't convey anything but the most generic and recylcled, unoriginal ideas, in a context completely devoid of emotion.

It'll be real nice to see a generation try to navigate their entire social lives through 40 character messeges consisting soley of common abbreviations that carry pre-assembled thoughts.

I'll text someone only when I think they are in the middle of something important and are too busy to actually speak with me. These messages usually end with: "give me a ring when you're done."
/rant

Anyway, No I haven't had anyone do something like that to me. I don't think I'd be friends with someone who would do this in the first place. You can tell who would pull that BS long before it actually happens.
thats what my bands rhythm guitarist said but...

he waited until the last day of half term and sed he wanted to fite me (lol) so i was like okay go for it and wen we got back into school he started to pretend he forgot about it....
Quote by dullsilver_mike
The proximity you have when communicating with someone should be relative to the amount of respect you have for them and the seriousness of the business at hand.

Well put.

Of course, the other possibility is that I still have a sore spot about the way people treat others.... I went out with a girl for well over three years and she dumped me over the phone with her friend right there in the room with her.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

anytime i have news i tell people over msn because worst comes to worst i will still have my balls intact at the end of the day
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
my drummer did tht to us and we decided to dissolve the band
which i got the lovely job of doing
i had to do it on the phone coz i live so far away but i hated it
i always try to do things face to face
especially dumping.
Quote by Shayne777
anytime i have news i tell people over msn because worst comes to worst i will still have my balls intact at the end of the day

Your 'literal' balls, yes.

Figuratively, a person who operates like that never had any balls to begin with, so no.

CT

Quote by axemanchris

Figuratively, a person who operates like that never had any balls to begin with, so no.

CT

+1
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by nickkkk
thats what my bands rhythm guitarist said but...

he waited until the last day of half term and sed he wanted to fite me (lol) so i was like okay go for it and wen we got back into school he started to pretend he forgot about it....

you cant spell
Quote by axemanchris

CT

+2392392223
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by axemanchris

CT

OH DAYUM!!
Quote by axemanchris

CT

Well said that man.
:cheers

It was a perfect setup.... he just happened to choose his balls to talk about.... It was like picking ripe fruit off a tree.

CT

Quote by axemanchris
:cheers

It was a perfect setup.... he just happened to choose his balls to talk about.... It was like picking ripe fruit off a tree.

CT

Or stealing candy from a castrati singer.
I know it's completely off thread but I liked your music, at least the one that's on myspace
Hehe..... he said 'castrati.'

CT

My friend got kicked out of a band once with this line by the drummer, "Hey man, uh, I quit the band. I'm starting a new one instead." Later my friend found out that the "new band" was the old band minus him.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by alienboy18241
My friend got kicked out of a band once with this line by the drummer, "Hey man, uh, I quit the band. I'm starting a new one instead." Later my friend found out that the "new band" was the old band minus him.

argh, thats tight.

Quote by Woozye
I know it's completely off thread but I liked your music, at least the one that's on myspace

If thats directed at me, cheers lol.
That sucks dude, ask him why he thinks its boring? There has be a reason, you don't just quit an instrument for no reason. Maybe he feels like he doesn't matter or doesn't have a lot to do with the songwriting?

What sucks even worse is being kicked out of a band and them not even telling you...
17. Isn't everybody around here?

Quote by axemanchris

CT

Oh, how I loathe my generation. I wish I was a baby boomer damn it!

Anyways...

I've had people tell me they hate me on MSN, etc. but never to my face.

At least my brother had the courage to tell me he was quitting guitar and bass right to my face.
Old people don't know *anything.* Pheh. I mean... just look at people's parents. They don't know jack.

No need to be against what?

CT

Quote by axemanchris
Old people don't know *anything.* Pheh. I mean... just look at people's parents. They don't know jack.

CT

I'm a parent and I know jack, he has a windowcleaning round near my mum's house.