Hey guys, im in a conundrum and was wondering your opinion.

one of the machine heads on my bass has broken and i need it for tommorow, ive taken it in to teh local guitar shop and they said they can get a matching machine head in a fortnights time, however they can put some superior machine heads on right now but this would involve drilling new holes into the bass, it would be possible for me to borrow a bass for tommorow, however it wouldnt be as good and i was just wondering what you good folks had to say about it
if you can afford it get the good tuners but make sure the shop isn't trying to pull the wool over your eyes first, make sure the tuners are from a reliable brand not just some no name stuff the owner says is great
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
they are a reliable brand, the originals are a copy of the ones ive been offered, so its worth the extra holes on the bass?
yes i'd say it is, tuning stabilty is definately worth having a few unused shallow holes in the headstock

i have a neck that originally had tuners held on by 4 screws each i replaced them with tuners held on by 1 screw and that 1 screw wasn't in the same place as any of the original 4 so that neck now has 16 holes in the back of the headstock not doing anything and having no bad effects on the neck at all
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Jul 29, 2008,