I'm not to great with music theory, and at uni i plan on taking a few classes. I most often us the scale below in my improv, and I don't know what scale it is, and I was hoping someone could identify it for me. Thank you. I'm going to tab it as if it were a run

------------------------------------------------------------11-12-14-16-14-16-17-19----------
------------------------------------------------12-14-16---------------------------------------
------------------------------------13-14-16----------------------------------------------------
------------------------13-14-16---------------------------------------------------------------
------------12-14-16--------------------------------------------------------------------------
12-14-16--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: On the b string, it still sound correct if I use 15 instead of 16, like for harmonies and stuff
why have you written a 16 on the B string and then an 11 on the e? thats the same note.
^ right, if you want to avoid unisons (same note on different strings) you can try playing the scale like this, which is a 3-note-per-string E Maj scale:

------------------------------------------------------------14-16-17-19-----------------------
------------------------------------------------14-16-17---------------------------------------
------------------------------------13-14-16----------------------------------------------------
------------------------13-14-16---------------------------------------------------------------
------------12-14-16--------------------------------------------------------------------------
12-14-16--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that is, unless you like the different sound from the different strings =D
My DeviantArt

Gear;

Vox AC50CPH
Framus FR 212 CB
Ibanez AF105
Ibanez RGT32FMSP
Line 6 DL4

If you have a camera or photography related question, i can help.

Quote by TooFast
I'd fuck the shit out of that dude.
Last edited by Themitch at Jul 29, 2008,
Okay thanks guys, I was just giving an example of what the scale looks like, well being so early here, I didn't give much thought to the unison.