Hi, Im new to modding, this maybe a stupid question...

I have a Squier Strat with a S-S-S config, and I was wondering if it's easy to change it to H-S-H?

Thanks...
If its routed to be HSH, which it seems many are, it should be easy. Switch the pickups, get a new HSH pickguard, wire it up, and your set. If not, then i wouldnt even try, especially if your not woodworking-savvy. Routers can chop off your fingers.
You could also cut it with a scroll saw or coping saw, but that would be a little harder to make perfect.

The ideal thing about a router is you could put a template on the pickguard and cut it out perfectly. If you have or buy a template.
Quote by muikoma
You could also cut it with a scroll saw or coping saw, but that would be a little harder to make perfect.

The ideal thing about a router is you could put a template on the pickguard and cut it out perfectly. If you have or buy a template.

???? He's talking about the guitar body - not the pickguard

Take the pickguard off your guitar, as it's a Squier, it's quite likely to be routed to take H-S-H - either routed that way, or with the "swimming pool route" so it'll take any combination.

Either way, if it is routed right, buy a new pickguard - they aren't very expensive.
they are right. but pickguard, buy buckers. drop them in. as long as you guitar is routed for it, it's fine. since it's a squier, it won't be hard at all to find a decent pickguard.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...