Hey, I have a pretty bad buzz coming from my guitar and it's not the cord or the amp. The weird thing is that every time I touch any metal part of the guitar, the buzzing stops.

This sounded like a grounding problem to me but the connections looked secure.

Any suggestions?
Maybe your action is too low. I mean, I really don't know what your talking about, but I guess it could be fret buzz. Maybe, I don't know.
I actually had that same problem but it had something to do with the cord. Everytime I touched some metal part on the guitar, the buzz would lessen or disappear like it would get grounded through me or something. I had to solder the connections in the cable because depending how it was plugged in and how the cable dangled from the amp, it didn't work, lol.
But that seemed strange to me and it took me an hour to figure out it was the cable. I checked at the wiring inside and it was fine but that was my first guess. Only after that seemed koshure did I check the cable.
Check out the wiring again and the input jack, if not that, play with your cable. Otherwise take it in for repair.

(I'm not cheap, I soldered the cable because it was expensive and not one of those 10 dollar ones)
you need "gate" effect to ground guitar-amp signal, check it on google or this site....watch out because sometimes there could be strong AC signal and you can be shocked ;-) ...
If you stand with your pickups towards your amp you could have been getting feedback and touching the metal on the guitar (I'm guessing you touched either the bridge or strings) would stop the vibrating mildly vibrating strings. Also, if you have an effect pedal, I have a Boss HM-2 and when that is plugged in too, it increases the chance of having that buzz, so on nights when I play for my youth group, I keep my palm on my strings when I'm not playing. Hope that helped
Quote by aroz1
If you stand with your pickups towards your amp you could have been getting feedback and touching the metal on the guitar (I'm guessing you touched either the bridge or strings) would stop the vibrating mildly vibrating strings. Also, if you have an effect pedal, I have a Boss HM-2 and when that is plugged in too, it increases the chance of having that buzz, so on nights when I play for my youth group, I keep my palm on my strings when I'm not playing. Hope that helped

Ya I think that I might just have to do that as well.
Quote by aroz1
do you have an effect pedal?

no I don't have an effect pedal, and it doesn't matter if I'm standing towards the amp or not...
I get it the buzz on the clean and distorted channels
about a month ago I talked to my dad who is good with electronics and he says it is a 60hz hum coming from the AC power supply (Wall outlet) You either need to get an equilizer pedal and filter out the 60hz or deal with it. Not trying to be rude.