I modded my jackson kvx10 with two seymour duncan pups (Jazz in neck, Custom sh-5 bridge) for about 3 months ago and when I finaly got it back I rushed home to try them out. When I plugged my guitar to my amp and pedal, I noticed that when I played chords, they blurred togheter and it's hard to hear each note more specificly, making mostly distorted noice. I don't know whether it's because of bad wiring, wrong height on the pups, or I should have picked other pick-ups or bad gear, But I'm not satisfied with the result. Anyone know why?

Gear:
Jackson KVX10
Peavey VK 212
EH Metalmuff
Boss MT-2
Well if it was plugged into you MT-2 or your metal muff, that might explain the distortion.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
Well if it was plugged into you MT-2 or your metal muff, that might explain the distortion.

hehe yeah I know
but what I meant was when I play like hangar 18's intro riff, I get nothing but crap coming out of my amp. Don't know if it is my gear or my settings, I have tried by putting in more of that, less of that and so on. And I get no good tone really from them but that's another case atm.

Back to main, I play that riff for an example and it just sounds bad
i hear the VK is a decent little amp... although made in china . so you should be alright there...

are you running a dry signal into the amp for testing purposes? maybe you have a low battery in a pedal? how old is the amp? try another guitar you may have a bum tube...
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Hmm that is really weird. Well, check your wiring, make sure you don't have any cold solder joints, make sure everything is done correctly etc. etc.

You may just be getting really, really bad interference. Is everything grounded properly, and do you have shielding?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
are you running a dry signal into the amp for testing purposes? maybe you have a low battery in a pedal? how old is the amp? try another guitar you may have a bum tube...

what do you mean by dry signal and such? not so clear on that thing
I have an ac-adapter to both my pedals and nothing here is older than a few months
Quote by Øttər
Hmm that is really weird. Well, check your wiring, make sure you don't have any cold solder joints, make sure everything is done correctly etc. etc.

You may just be getting really, really bad interference. Is everything grounded properly, and do you have shielding?

I didn't change them by myself, I went to a music-store close to me that I both asked for getting the pups and changing them so I have no real clue how they are changed and such
But I have to go back there and ask them to fix my interference, never really had any shielding in it, always been a constant buzzing when I stop playing
dry signal = plugged directly into amp. no effects.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by forsaknazrael
How high is the height for your pickups set?

About 2-3 mm from the strings right now, tried with them all the way down too, and varied alittle
Last edited by groose at Jul 29, 2008,
tone controls up?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
since you didnt do the mod...i would bring it back to them and explain it/play it for them...something similar happened to me once...it ended up being i burnt the volume pot when i resolderd the ground to the back of it,...volume still worked fine...but the guitar sound horrible.

let us know how it works out for ya ..and what it was