...Stuff's happened today.

Me and becci went up to the woods near us, cuz it's in the shade and all that, so it was cooler.

We were sat there for about 3 hours. Last time we went up there, she said she saw some smoke coming off the nettles opposite where we sit on the wall. I dismissed this as her seeing things. Then after about 2 hours of us being there, she said she saw it again, and pointed it out. This time, soon after she said she saw it, it happened again. This carried on happening for quite a bit. And then we started toying around with the idea that it might be a ghost. So we call to it:

"If you're a ghost, please do the smoke thing again"

We said this 3 times, and 2/3 times we said it, straight after, it made the smoke. It did this when it was in and out of sunlight, so we have ruled out precipitation evaporating.

Then, there are some steps next to the wall we sit on that lead up to a graveyard. So we go up there, and sit on the bench about 50-100m away from the spot we saw the nettle 'smoking'. So we were just talking and then we heard this low pitched whistle. Very freaky, as we had just seen possible paranormal activity. We investigated, and there was no-one else in the graveyard, and the birds were calling in a MUCH higher pitch. We then proceed to say:

"If you're a ghost, please whistle again"

and it did! It did this about 4/5/6 times, before it stopped. We then went back up to the bench (we had ventured a bit figuring out which direction it was coming from), and we sat back down, and when we were talking, it happened again. Really really freaky.

We're going back up tomorrow with a tape recorder and camera, to hopefully get some sound bytes and some pictures for you.

In the meantime, what do you guys think??
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
I think it's good that you're being so rational.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by smb
I think there's reasonable explanations of this.

We tried to think of a lot, but we were really stumped.

Please, explain.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
And then I was a zombie.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Oh yeah you and Becci... mhm... mhm... right... yeah...

I didn't read it but I doubt it was interesting.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
We tried to think of a lot, but we were really stumped.

Please, explain.

Your logic is based on ghosts responding to your "whistle and smoke" challenge. Why can't it just be coincidence? I mean, if I say to a pie "Oh please, if you are a magic pie let there be sun the next day" and there is sun every time, is it logical to assume it's a magic pie responding to me?
Quote by Kensai
Your logic is based on ghosts responding to your "whistle and smoke" challenge. Why can't it just be coincidence? I mean, if I say "Oh please, if you are a ghost let there be sun the next day" and there is sun every time, is it logical to assume it's a ghost?

We didn't really want a ghost. It was just the frequency of its happenings. Every time we said it, it happened, which we found pretty odd.

We're still not saying "IT WAS A GHOST" we're just trying to think of other things it could be.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

haha
At least bring a decoy body, in case the ghost tries to possess you, so that you can trick the ghost. To my knowledge, ghosts love a good practical joke.
Your Signature:
A midget with a chain smoking addiction and teeth missing

DUH

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Kensai
Your logic is based on ghosts responding to your "whistle and smoke" challenge. Why can't it just be coincidence? I mean, if I say to a pie "Oh please, if you are a magic pie let there be sun the next day" and there is sun every time, is it logical to assume it's a magic pie responding to me?

That's flawed logic, since the sun has risen every day for billions of years, generally on schedule . However, the smoke and whistle thing is completely random.

I want a video.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
so by asking it to do somthing it was already doing your suprised when it happens again? you're right it must have been a ghost...
Quote by Milkywaykid1
the simplicity

Yes, this man raises an excellent point.
Call me Batman.
at least it wasn't as bad as going to mcdonalds at two in the morning to get a pregnancy test for your girlfriend

or whatever it was
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by frusciante_50
Its probably some weird guy with a sheet over his head, who gets his jollys off on moronic children.

Leave Kensai out of this!
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Quote by J.A.M
Yes, this man raises an excellent point.

tehe... you called me a man
yup its a sig... yeaaah..
Quote by Kensai

Either that, or it's just a man following you around and making fun of you because he obviously knew you were scared enough to beleive it.
We weren't scared. Just intrigued.

Also, most of you think that we just went

"OMGZ NETTLE + SMOK MUST BE GHOST"

We didn't. We ruled out just about every other scientific explanation for it.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

haha
I don't even know what the fuck a nettle is, but I want one.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Quote by Kensai

I think that depends on whether or not you used flour ground from the bones of David Copperfield
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
We didn't really want a ghost. It was just the frequency of its happenings. Every time we said it, it happened, which we found pretty odd.

We're still not saying "IT WAS A GHOST" we're just trying to think of other things it could be.

You were asking him for an explanation and I gave you one. I didn't say you thought it was a ghost, but the suggestion did come up.

Quote by MetalGS3SE
That's flawed logic, since the sun has risen every day for billions of years, generally on schedule . However, the smoke and whistle thing is completely random.

I want a video.

How are they random again? Do you live there any can safely say it's an anomaly because you've spent every day there and now it's never happened before now?

Quote by TooFast
Leave Kensai out of this!

Quote by frusciante_50
I think that depends on whether or not you used flour ground from the bones of David Copperfield

I've always thought David copperfield would make a good pie.
Quote by dale-banez
at least it wasn't as bad as going to mcdonalds at two in the morning to get a pregnancy test for your girlfriend

or whatever it was

but d00d, he totally banged her LULZ!1!11! AND HE WAS 13. And then there was blood on the pregnancy test and they were like LULULULULUL...
Becci must be pretty ugly if you're in the woods with her and whistling for dead people.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Kensai

Coincidence only goes so far until you have to look for other explanations.

I can say that this tennis ball has a 50/50 chance of going through the wall when I throw it and so far I've yet to observe it go through. I can't just say it's just a series of coincidences that it keeps bouncing back.

I'm not saying that the threadstarter actually witnessed something paranormal, merely making the point that sometimes some things can't be explained so easily. Dismissing everything as coincidence is just as ignorant as calling it a ghost.
Quote by Archaon
Coincidence only goes so far until you have to look for other explanations.

I can say that this tennis ball has a 50/50 chance of going through the wall when I throw it and so far I've yet to observe it go through. I can't just say it's just a series of coincidences that it keeps bouncing back.

I'm not saying that the threadstarter actually witnessed something paranormal, merely making the point that sometimes some things can't be explained so easily. Dismissing everything as coincidence is just as ignorant as calling it a ghost.

Yes, good thing I'm not dismissing "everything" then, isn't it?