Ok, I want to know why everyone hates the T-bird! I mean I went to the MANAGER of guitar center and asked him about it and he says that he loves those basses. The only reason why he would possibly not buy it is because its pretty topheavy. Plus I HAVE it out and it sounds beautiful! It has a durable finish and design and it's really sturdy.

what the hell is the problem that i don't know about??
Mah Geah:
The Dreaded T-Bird
Ampeg BA115
Boss Bass Synth
Boss Bass Overdrive
Blue Steel Strings
Clayton Picks
Monster Cables

Coheed and Cambria: Rush, Iron Maiden, and Star Wars had a baby.
The general consensus is that they are top heavy, as you say (The T-bird was a Firebird bodged for the bass market), and a lot say they sound muddy and don't give much variation. TBH, what I've heard from them (the basses) is pretty solid, but there are very much Niche basses, and whether you like em's down to whether you appreciate that niche been filled.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
i'm just gonna sit here and wait till gm jack and fitzy get here to tell you all about it...

...have fun.

ya know, back when i was starting out on bass, i wanted a thunderbird... i thought nikki sixx had the coolest bass ever. now... i still think it looks cool, but i wouldn't want to play one.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Last edited by P-Bass Pirate at Jul 29, 2008,
i have nothing against the tbird. i would maybe play it, but never buy it. its all personal to you, it fills a certain role (not really cure what) but if you need that role filled and you find it appealing, give it a try.

you don't have to worry about what the elitist bassists say behind your back, its your money. play happy.

just my $0.02
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ