So I have AT&T for a cell phone provider. After a horrid year and a half, my POS cell phone finally broke, but I'm not covered for an upgrade until march.
I was told by some one at the store that I could buy a go phone, and just put in their SIM card, and still get coverage through them.
However I was told that they can shut my line off if they were to find out. I followed up with a call to their corprate office, and they can shut it off, if they find out.

The employe said she knows of people who have done it for 2+ years

So basically.. have you used a SIM card in another phone? Can you get busted?
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
how do you get busted? unless you keep sending txt messages like "OMG this sim-card-in-a-new-phone plan was great!" to all your friends.
I've done it constantly.
I thought that was the point of the sim card being removable.
haha.
ATT sucks! Get Verizon whenever your plan runs out.
Quote by shreddin_frets
I've never played guiar before. Is it communist?

Quote by HeavyMetaldude
Now how should i dispose of the poo stick?
Quote by RhoadsJackson71
ATT sucks! Get Verizon whenever your plan runs out.

I've had AT&T for a long time now, and I've never had a dropped call, I always have service where my friends don't.
I think it's a great company.

And most Verizon phones don't even have sim cards, so there's no chance of sneaking around if you break your phone.

Verizon has overpriced phones too, and a poor mid to high end.
AT&T has a much better selection for the price.
thats what i always do...usually the gophones are cooler than the $200 ones...the one i have cost me 29 and can do just as much **** as like an iphone...so get one, and dont be like "im cheating with my phone service"
My family buys phones from ebay and switches around all the time and no one's been shut off... how could they really find out?
Quote by tylsforthescars
My family buys phones from ebay and switches around all the time and no one's been shut off... how could they really find out?

Yeah, they're so clueless, that when I renewed my contract and they sent me a new SIM card to activate in the new phone, I used my old one (which still says Cingular on it) and just put it from my old phone into the new one.

My brother has had three phones on his SIM card, I've had three, my mom's had two.

They're not going to know unless you tell them.