So, I've been using Limewire for a while to get songs for my iPod, and usually I just drag them into iTunes and they appear in my Library. Today I downloaded a couple songs, and once I downloaded them I couldn't drag them into iTunes and could only listen to them in Limewire. I was like, what the ****? Can anybody in the Pit help?
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Why do people still use Limewire?

Dude, torrents or rapidshare, problem solved.

+****ing1
LARGE TEXT
Try buying them.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
i had the same problem rite before going to torrents. it ended up what i was downloading from limewire was protected. i could listen to it all day long on my p.c. but i couldnt burn it or transfer the files to device. check the information on the individual file you were trying to download. some songs will transfer but then self destruct after 48 hours even if you never listened to them.

jym
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Try buying them.

You're either gonna get massively supported, or massively lectured, with that post.
LARGE TEXT
torrents are slow normally because there's not enough seeders and too many leachers...and of course the idiots that seed when they have dial-up

Also, if you're behind a firewall or router, the firewall needs to allow it or your ports need to be open on your router.

Soulseek (www.slsknet.org ), it's the best one for music. Completely virus free, simple, not a hog...better than Limewire or Kazaa that's for sure.
Quote by Illiad86
torrents are slow normally because there's not enough seeders and too many leachers...and of course the idiots that seed when they have dial-up

Also, if you're behind a firewall or router, the firewall needs to allow it or your ports need to be open on your router.

Soulseek (www.slsknet.org ), it's the best one for music. Completely virus free, simple, not a hog...better than Limewire or Kazaa that's for sure.

You're link is faulty.
LARGE TEXT
I also say rapidshare, but this is turning into a torrent and downloading thread.

To attempt to answer the OP queston: Have you tried instead of dragging using the "import" feature and import the song from its other loaction.
Quote by Holy.
You're link is faulty.

I fixed it...it should work now.
you can get most mp3s from playlist.com that you can from limewire, and without screwing your comp. Being in MI and using Comcast I can understand the torrent issue (Comcast either throttles or downright blocks them depending on where you are)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Torrents are really slow for me and im using limewire. Which software is faster? and I have a Mac so.