I've been playing guitar for around a year and 4 months, but I didn't used to practice very much.. I only got serious about playing around September or October. Anyways, 2 months ago, I started to get into playing solos. I practice a pretty good amount I guess, but I have trouble with really fast solos. I've learned some led zeppelin, acdc, mcr, and right now I'm working on good times, bad times, but I'm having issues.....is it normal to not be so good at soloing at first, I mean, does it take a lot of experience?
You're not going to be too good at anything when you first start it, so just keep practicing and you'll be able to solo properly
Yup - you always absolutely suck at soloing when you start. Just start with some simple ones and be patient, it takes a while to get the hang of it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, you'll eventually get faster and faster, it comes with just playing alot. Just hang n there, don't force it. You don't wanna play faster than what you're capable of, it will just sound sloppy.
i agree with the practice thing but when i was starting out soloing my pinky couldn't trill fast enough 4 the Iron maiden stuff so i move my righ hand and just tapped it and it sounded ok not great but it kept me from getting frustrated
Depends on a lot of things. If you do a good run with rhythm then you will be used to some of the more complicated riffs which might be harder then beginner solos. But if you slack on rhythm, even beginner solos might trouble you.

The biggest things in solos are timing and accuracy, timing is sooo important and is also very hard for some people. Make sure you focus on that and use a metronome or guitarpro/powertab to learn songs. Or both
speaking of which, does anyone know of some good easy solo's to start off with?
closest thing I've come to playing a solo was on I made up that was horrible
Quote by Enemy.ofkhanate
speaking of which, does anyone know of some good easy solo's to start off with?
closest thing I've come to playing a solo was on I made up that was horrible

Highway to Hell, AC/DC
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Highway to Hell, AC/DC

Or most solos off that album. I've always wondered why Angus did a rubbish job on those solos..

Another easy one would be Mistreated by Deep Purple, Smells Like Teen Spirit, cliche, but that's what got me started into a blues rocking machine!!
Cam Sampbell's my hero