Hi

When I try to record some guitar riffs I always get a cracking noise on the track.
How can I avoid this problem?

DI-Box??...

Connection: Guitar > DS2 > Amp/input - Amp/output > MicIn/PC (if this matters)
you are running though a stock sound card which was not made to record. You need an audio interface...and a mic unless you have a record out jack on your amp however micing sounds better IMO.

whats your budget?

edit
you have an interface?
you didnt say that in your first post...anyways check your buffers
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 29, 2008,
Buffers set too low? (sometimes disguised as a latency setting)

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
Buffers set too low? (sometimes disguised as a latency setting)

CT

My guess too.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by moody07747
you are running though a stock sound card which was not made to record. You need an audio interface...and a mic unless you have a record out jack on your amp however micing sounds better IMO.

whats your budget?

edit
you have an interface?
you didnt say that in your first post...anyways check your buffers

i don't want to spent more than 100 € / 80 $ because i just want a normal sound for myself...not for studio recording

Yeah I've interface....
Where can I check my buffers? What are buffers?

I think I know the reason why I 've this cracking noise but I don't know a solution (To hard to explain for me in english )
What audio interface are you using?

Buffers are an adjustment in the software you can set. Usually setting too high will give delays and and setting too low will give cracks and static.

Go into the preferences of the recording program you are using and adjust the buffers until you stop the static and such.
i don't know what interface i use

i'll try to change the settings....
If I succeed I'll let you know that other user can try it too...

thx
if you don't have a desktop box with knobs and inputs which is connected to the back of your computer using a cable, you don't have an audio interface.

Stock sound cards (the ones in any computer off the shelf) are just standard sound cards.
If you do use an audio interface you should get good recording quality.