I know there's a thread listing software but i kinda want people's opinions,i'll delete the thread as soon as im done
so i'm looking to start recording and what i think i need is an interface,a cable and some software (prefferably free software),can anyone recommend a setup to get?
i'll just be recording my guitar,nothing else
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
For recording software u might wanna get Reaper. I find it to be the best and most pro-like free software. Line 6 has some good interfaces, check them out.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
lol you actually state that you know the info is there, you just dont want to look?

If youre new to it, Audacity is the place to start for recording freeware. 1.2.6, that is.
Your Signature:
sound recorder...
start>accessories>entertainment>sound recorder
The cheapest sound recording software you'll find, if you are on windows of course.
Actually I just got a Line 6 Toneport GX for 49.99 that works very well. As far as free software, Audacity seems to be the way to go. I've downloaded it and worked with it a little. I prefer Acid, but Audacity is also very good. I don't record too much, so for an entry recording application this works well. Hope this helps.
Quote by justinrobbins7
lol you actually state that you know the info is there, you just dont want to look?

If youre new to it, Audacity is the place to start for recording freeware. 1.2.6, that is.

basically yes,don't have alot of time to go thought all those pages
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
Quote by Matt in Jerzey
Actually I just got a Line 6 Toneport GX for 49.99 that works very well. As far as free software, Audacity seems to be the way to go. I've downloaded it and worked with it a little. I prefer Acid, but Audacity is also very good. I don't record too much, so for an entry recording application this works well. Hope this helps.

Audicity is very user-friendly (i've used it... as well as reaper and riffworks) but i found it to be very basic. Riffworks is also great but it's mainly for guitar. It has built-in effects and is great for songwriting but not that good as a full recording software (u can get the free demo on line 6's website). I still find Reaper more effective though... it has many more options for editing and is good for multi track/instrument recording but can be a hassle to use if you're new in this.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
right thanks,i downloaded reaper for the moment in time anyway and i'll get round to the interfaces when i can afford them,thanks lads
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93

Join the Xbox Live group
I agree, Reaper is a much better program. I have been using it for a week or so now and it is much better than Audacity.