I want to get a Wah pedal since I got a $100 gift card for guitar center. I never used one before and I don't know much about them except they make a really awesome sound. I have a Spider-II amp with a input for Pedal but I don't know what kind of cable it is. How does the pedal actually hook up with my amp and does it come with the cable? This is the pedal I want to get. It's like the highest rated on GuitarCenter.com and it's seems pretty cheap too.
thats the nicest wah pedal you can get and pedals hook up using regular guitar cables that your guitar uses to your amp
I have the same crybaby. It sounds great through my amp.I can only imagine how bad it would sound through a Spider........
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
i have a spider 3 and i use the pedal board for it and the volume doubles as a wah pedal and its one of the best ive tryed
Quote by sglover34479
It looks pretty nice but it doesnt come with a power source so watch out.

So...what does that mean?
Quote by NateTheGr8
So...what does that mean?

it means that you'll have to pay close attention and replace the battery once in a while.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by ortrigger
it means that you'll have to pay close attention and replace the battery once in a while.

Does it use some special kind of battery that I have to buy?
naw, 9v like 99% of all pedals out there........your giong to need to buy an extra 1/4" cord. The guitar plugs into the pedal and the outgoing goes to the input of your amp.....savvy?
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Don't get the Crybaby... It's not THAT good compared to other crybabies.

If you want a good wah pedal check out the Dunlop Crybaby 95Q, Bad Horsie II, Vox, and Ibanez Weeping Demon.

Out of those only the Weeping Demon is withing ur price range. You'll have to buy a power source (ac adaptor) for any wah pedal (about 15 bucks). It's mainly aimed at metal and hard rock but is versatile (vox is mainly for classic stuff) and has eq settings that u can change (also the 95q, probably one of the best wahs out there but more expensive). Also, u'll need to buy another chord for plugging it in.

What's ur budget limit and style/genre that you play? This will help us recommend something more appropriate.

EDIT: my bad, i meant 535Q*
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by evening_crow
Don't get the Crybaby... It's not THAT good compared to other crybabies.

If you want a good wah pedal check out the Dunlop Crybaby 95Q, Bad Horsie II, Vox, and Ibanez Weeping Demon.

Out of those only the Weeping Demon is withing ur price range. You'll have to buy a power source (ac adaptor) for any wah pedal (about 15 bucks). It's mainly aimed at metal and hard rock but is versatile (vox is mainly for classic stuff) and has eq settings that u can change (also the 95q, probably one of the best wahs out there but more expensive).

I don't really need a great Wah pedal since I only play casually, I'm not in a band or anything. And keep in mind my amp is a Spider-II which I got used for like $150.
Trust me, you'll thanks us later if you get one of the ones evening_crow suggested.

I own the GCB-95 and it's horrible. It barely sounds like a wah.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by NateTheGr8
I don't really need a great Wah pedal since I only play casually, I'm not in a band or anything. And keep in mind my amp is a Spider-II which I got used for like $150.

I understand.

However that Original Crybaby isn't your best option. It's a decent beginner wah but nothing more. It's very hissy sometimes and usually sucks out some of your tone. The weeping demon is 100 dollars (i've had mine for about 2 years and it's pretty good... has more features than other wahs in that price range and sounds better than the wah effects on my pod x3 live and boss gt-8 i've used).

Oh sorry but i meant 595Q instead of 95Q for the other dunlop. It's way better than the original and only 30 bucks more than the demon. i'm pretty sure it's worth it (only reason why i won't change to that one is cuz of the demon's operating system for turning on/off)

Quote by SSL27
Trust me, you'll thanks us later if you get one of the ones evening_crow suggested.

I own the GCB-95 and it's horrible. It barely sounds like a wah.

thank you.

the Vox 848 Clyde McCoy (now that i checked the model) is also one of the best wahs out there but like i said mainly for clean/low gain.

Quote by evening_crow
I understand.

However that Original Crybaby isn't your best option. It's a decent beginner wah but nothing more. It's very hissy sometimes and usually sucks out some of your tone. The weeping demon is 100 dollars (i've had mine for about 2 years and it's pretty good... has more features than other wahs in that price range and sounds better than the wah effects on my pod x3 live and boss gt-8 i've used).

Oh sorry but i meant 595Q instead of 95Q for the other dunlop. It's way better than the original and only 30 bucks more than the demon. i'm pretty sure it's worth it (only reason why i won't change to that one is cuz of the demon's operating system for turning on/off)

Maybe I should get that...I mean it's $99.99 so it's free shipping, just enough for my gift card.
^the weeping demon? i have one and it's pretty decent. not the best but definitely worth what i paid for it.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
What kind of music do you play?

If you do lower gain stuff and classic rock, check out the Vox V847A, but if you play anything higher gain check out the Weeping Demon.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by NateTheGr8
Maybe I should get that...I mean it's $99.99 so it's free shipping, just enough for my gift card.

Lol i'm glad i could help.

I do warn you: it's more oriented towards metal but will do a very good job on cleans. Also, u'll need to spend some time playing with the settings (not that it's bad, actually very few wahs allow u to do so).

On the good side: it's on/off mechanism is easier to use than other wahs. also it offers more options than others is very resistant! I almost get completely on top of mine (i'm only 135 though) and don't have to worry about it turning off like other wahs. It's ALL metal and rugged plastic grip and the buttons can be pushed in/locked so that u won't move them if u step on them by accident.

but yeah...

clean/low gain - Vox 848
all around - Crybaby 535Q
mid to high gain - Weeping Demon

Last edited by evening_crow at Jul 29, 2008,
the weeping demon doesn't sound that good compared to a morley bad horsie for high gain stuff(imo).
I'm looking to either get a weeping demon, Crybaby 595q, or a Slash sig. crybaby...... I play classic rock, new rock, southern rock, and i write songs... I want to add some extra boost to make my solos sound awesome.... What's the best pedal for me???