to be honest, my dean guitars are great for everything, so I would look into those. You can get a great guitar for 600-800 bucks.

Take a look at the MLs or the Vs. You could even get a great Razorback for a grand.
i got a Gibson SG special faded 4 christmas and it was like 700 bucks or so and the amp is a line 6 spider 3 4 like 100 and its a great guitar u can play just about anything on it 2
Hmm...I don't like the V style or the jaggies of the Dean guitars. It'd probably be something I'll look into getting years from now though.

I wouldn't get the Spider, I wanted to get a tube amp. I guess I can add the SG to my list though.

Will the EMGs hamper me from being able to go from a hard rock style like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBG14ZbkOqk to a mellow ballad like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDsDX5Ef0Y.
Last edited by Mitsuharu at Jul 29, 2008,
Well judging by your guitar list it looks like you will be playin harder stuff. If you want to play metal but want some versatility you should check out schecter. Some of their guitars have coil taps so the pickups arent always balls to the walls. My Hellraiser has the coil tap and I like it but thats just my opinion. Either way see if you can find a blackjack or C-1 to play somewhere before you buy
Quote by Mitsuharu
Hmm...I don't like the V style or the jaggies of the Dean guitars. It'd probably be something I'll look into getting years from now though.

I wouldn't get the Spider, I wanted to get a tube amp. I guess I can add the SG to my list though.

Will the EMGs hamper me from being able to go from a hard rock style like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBG14ZbkOqk to a mellow ballad like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDsDX5Ef0Y.

I'm really not sure on the price of this Dean in the USA, but there's an Explorer shaped one that looks pretty good. (By the way, this is coming from a bloke that hates most Deans!)

And the Vox AC15? That is a brilliant amp! If you're doing hard rock though, you'll need an OD pedal, maybe a Marshall Guv'nor or something like that.

EDIT: Here it is...

http://www.amazon.com/Dean-Electric-Guitar-Trans-Braziliaburst/dp/B000K69XG6
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by morganite14
Well judging by your guitar list it looks like you will be playin harder stuff. If you want to play metal but want some versatility you should check out schecter. Some of their guitars have coil taps so the pickups arent always balls to the walls. My Hellraiser has the coil tap and I like it but thats just my opinion. Either way see if you can find a blackjack or C-1 to play somewhere before you buy

Ah, I forgot to include the C-1 on my list. I don't really want to play much metal, probably just a little bit, but I guess it depends on what metal really is. lol

I had edited this into my last message but I'll repost it:

Edit:
I shall look into that OD pedal Lil Macker. I have a POD XT, but I don't that will cut it. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not really into the Explorer shape either.
Last edited by Mitsuharu at Jul 29, 2008,
can't you get the mh1000 with duncans?

also, i wasn't much fussed on the ac15cc i tried.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh ok, i didn't realise that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
vox ac(ANYTHING) = O_O EFFING AWESOME.
remember that.

and as far as guitars go... go to a music store and try em out.
esps are amazing
the epi lp costoms are pretty nice, i think
ibanezs are cool, if u dig the neck.
i wouldnt go for them deans or schecters tho, although the schecters do look tasty
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by itsxsteves
vox ac(ANYTHING) = O_O EFFING AWESOME.
remember that.

and as far as guitars go... go to a music store and try em out.
esps are amazing
the epi lp costoms are pretty nice, i think
ibanezs are cool, if u dig the neck.
i wouldnt go for them deans or schecters tho, although the schecters do look tasty

The guy that recommended it seemed pretty enthusiastic about it, well he was actually serious and he was never serious about anything. I want to go and try them out, but it might be hard to get my hands on all of them. I know GC doesn't carry the ESP guitars and the ESP website only list one store in my area that sells them. So if it is at all possible, I would like to avoid buying one off the net.
Ok, I have looked around again and discovered that the ESP LTD MH-400 is pretty much the exact same guitar minus the OFR, nicer finish, binding, and $1000 price tag. I think I can live without all of that for now, and it'll save me some money to splurge on the amp.

My new problem is that I will be going back to college in a couple of weeks, so I probably shouldn't get a new amp right now, but I still want to have some knowledge of what to really look for when I go to the only music store I could find around where I live that sells ESPs. Basically, I'll be looking for an amp that I could get a bluesy tone for leading as well as being able to pump some good sounding distortion out. This video as well as this one are just two examples of what I'm going for. Pretty much anything by Mintjam actually.

I'm still going to ask to see the Vox AC15 CC1 *if they have it* , but I have no idea what else to look at, and I don't want the sales guy to sweet talk me into buying one that I will not suit me. Also I will not be gigging with this amp anytime soon. I pretty much just play guitar for personal enjoyment.
Last edited by Mitsuharu at Aug 3, 2008,