Page 1 of 3
I deleted the other thread coz these two are gonna be very simular, Im gonna do a seperate thread for the tele.

Here's some pics and the spec so far-

Matching Indian Rosewood one piece neck's,
2 Piece Mahogany body's,
Flamed maple tops,
Rosewood fingerboard's.

Thats all for now spec wise. . . . . .

Les Paul body and top-

Matching neck's and fingerboards, the neck's are cut from same piece of R/W,
LP has 17 degree headstock angle and wolfie has 13 degree-

Necks, side view-
looks good so far mate
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
That rosewood looks gorgeous.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Yeah, got it thismorning. Believe it or not it was a staircase's main spindle 5"x5"x 40" so I planed it up and cut it to get 2 neck blanks. Its VERY old stuff, got it for next to nothing. I've got enough rosewood to do about 4 more whole guitars or about 10 one piece necks.
Quote by jscustomguitars
Yeah, got it thismorning. Believe it or not it was a staircase's main spindle 5"x5"x 40" so I planed it up and cut it to get 2 neck blanks. Its VERY old stuff, got it for next to nothing. I've got enough rosewood to do about 4 more whole guitars or about 10 one piece necks.

Dude, that's a steal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
and once again, that infamous fretboard......and once again, i envy you.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
ooOOoo rose wood...

Wanna just send those guitars right down to me for testing? I work for the CIA and need to make sure the wood isn't Iraqi. You won't be getting these back of course..
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
and once again, that infamous fretboard......and once again, i envy you.

lol, its a different fingerboard just cut from the same piece of wood. I got another 6 !
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Aug 3, 2008,
dammit!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I had a dream last night that I had a Spotlight special Les Paul so I gotta turn this les paul into one. Its gonna look pretty much like this one accept its got a rosewood center piece on the top not a walnut one like the gibsons.

I've glued the top up tonight so as soon as I get it cut out I'll get some pics up.
Heres some pics of the LP top and back-

Tops all glued up and ready to glue onto the mahogany body-

I've took a cavity out for weight relief, its a mirror image of the control cavity thats gonna be routed once the tops glued on-
Goddamn, you keep making guitars like you're eating peanuts
Good job man, both guitars look very promising.

Especially that Wolfie
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Gotta change my dreaming mode from naked chicks doing things-that-your-mother-wouldnt-like-to-see-you-watching to fresh guitar ideas <.<. Looks sweet so far
Done the neck pocket and carved the top this morning. Was gonna bind it just to get a bigger carve out of the top but decided against it so the maple is only about 4mm thick at the edge but I quite like it like that.

I need some opinions - pickup rings or mounted direct to body? I'm not sure wether it would look wrong with rings, not seen many wolfies with rings.

I dont know what colour to go for either?

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.
Which method do you use to carve the top? Do you have a duplicator, or are you freehanding it?

Oh, and damn those are some fine looking guitars!!
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
I use an angle grinder with a 40 grit sander disc attached. Just freehand it till its nearly there then get an orbital sander on it to smooth things out. Only takes an hour or so from start to finish. I once carved a les paul top with just an Ibex thumb plane, it took me weeks. . . . . never again, the angle griders the way to go.
Well, you can't deny the results.

What thickness did you start with for the maple? Is that a half inch?
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Yeah, around half inch. Was gonna bind it to make the top looke even deeper but decided just to go with it without, Im not a big fan of binding either.

The Mahogany is 43mm and the maple is about half inch, at the edge its about 47. A normal wolfgang is 43 at the edge including the top but I wanted it to be a little more beefy and more like a les paul thats why I've gone with Mahog/Maple for the body instead of Basswood/Maple like the Peavey's.
Your guitars are superb mate.

I'm new, this is my second post, but i've read tons of threads, all of your builds are spot on, fantastic woods!
the combo of the wood you choose and the quality of your carves always make for the most beautiful necks i've ever seen, even the shot of just the heel of that neck amazes me
nice the rosewood neck will be very resonant. how much you selling the guitars for?

also how much did the rosewood for the neck cost you and where did you get it?
Fantastic guitars again JS

Really nice looking, gorgeous wood!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
jesus i just saw your all rosewood guitar on UT. Where are you getting that rosewood?!?

Also any chance of clips? I dont want to spend a grand on rosewood body and neck to find its too hollow sounding or something.
Heres the Les Paul so far - Had a change of plan with the neck, decided to go with a mahogany neck with a rosewood center strip to mimic the top. Im using the rosewood one on a tele . . . . .

Gonna have crown inlays like a LP standard too.

I believe these two will turn out to be my favourites of yours, Mister Eve-man.

Since I am not in the mood to scan-read this thread again, could you summarize what the plans are for binding? Have you decided yet?
no binding, I dont like it. I think binding cheapens a guitar unless its done with wood or MOP/abalone.
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Aug 20, 2008,
not a big fan of the wolfgang headstock design but the spotlight LP is amazing!
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
When I saw your plans for the Les Paul, I thought "Dude... he should do that on the Wolfgang too..."

Just an idea for later days Lookin amazing as usual though!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Wolfgang is just about ready for a good sand before finishing. Gonna clear coat the body and oil the neck.

Pickup wise im not sure, probably emg's or bare knuckles.

Page 1 of 3