So everything rocks with my bands shows except my solos don't stand out well. I switch to the bridge pickup so the extra treble gives my sound a little extra bite and cuts through a bit more. Is there anything else I can do sans buying a volume pedal or something?
Turn the volume on your guitar down a bit for when you're playing normally and turn it up a bit on the amp to make up for that volume decrease, but when you get to your solo turn it up all the way on guitar. Understand what I'm saying?
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
what are your EQ settings?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Boost your mids maybe. Scooped mids sound horrible and don't help at all.

If not, you may aswell get a booster pedal, like the Marshall Bluesbreaker or an Ibanez Tubescreamer.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Try giving yourself more midrange. Everything else frequency-wise is really covered by the rest of the band, ideally. The bass drum takes up a lot of the bass spectrum, as well as the bass guitar. The treble is usually dominated by cymbals, and since the guitar is an alto instrument anyway, it should be usually voiced with a lot of midrange.

Just try it, it worked for my when I had to get past an entire band.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Mids will. But you're talking for the solos, so get a boost pedal; they aren't hard to make. Some amps have this ability and the button is built into the foot switch.
Cut the reverb, it should bring the guitar more out front.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
I use different types of distortion/overdrive/fuzz pedals as a solo boost behind a slight bit of overdrive on my amp. that works.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Back in the day Kirk Hammett would kick in his Tubescreamer just for his solo's. I would do pretty much the same thing barring you don't have a third lead/solo channel on the amp already.
ok an important thing has been overlooked here.

what amp is it?

if we know, we can help you better. lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Get an EQ pedal and boost your mids. Also, use an OD to boost volume. Works wonders.