Hello! It´s my birthday soon, and I´m getting a new amp (Roland Cube 20X, I think, as someone recommended on this site) and my grand-parents were talking about getting me an effects pedal. I play alot of Muse and Rage Against the Machine, and some Guns N Roses, and I was wondering if you could recommend (for some reason that word looks like it´s spelt wrong?) a multi-FX or single pedal I could get? I'm guessing my grand-parents would cough up about 100 pounds, and I could probably put some birthday money on top of that.

So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
100lbs = ? $
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
The Boss Overdrive/Distortion pedal has worked very well for me
I have too much gear to fit!
well u play a lot of muse and muse use a Pi Big Muff. overall a great pedal.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Quote by The Gore Child
Hello! It´s my birthday soon, and I´m getting a new amp (Roland Cube 20X, I think, as someone recommended on this site) and my grand-parents were talking about getting me an effects pedal. I play alot of Muse and Rage Against the Machine, and some Guns N Roses, and I was wondering if you could recommend (for some reason that word looks like it´s spelt wrong?) a multi-FX or single pedal I could get? I'm guessing my grand-parents would cough up about 100 pounds, and I could probably put some birthday money on top of that.

Cheers

What about putting 70$ more to buy the Roland Cube 30X?.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032&src=3SOSWXXA

Besides, the Cube already has built in effects.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
For $200 US, or 100 lbs, you could get the Digitech Whammy, which is what Morello uses in most of his solos (Like A Stone, Gasoline, Killing In the Name...). As Tom says, "Indispensable for making Pterodactyl noises!"

My Gear:
2008 Charcoal Frost Fender American Stratocaster
Maxon OD-9 Tube Screamer
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-7 Delay
Roland Cube 20X Studio Amp
Dunlop Jazz III picks
Quote by El Cumanés
What about putting 70$ more to buy the Roland Cube 30X?.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032&src=3SOSWXXA

Besides, the Cube already has built in effects.

+1 , the 30x is only another £30 and it's much better.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/70527

It'd just be a waste, to get an expensive effects pedal, especialyl a distortion, far better to simply get the better amp. Pedals are going to be of limited use with the cube anyway...although a wah is worth getting.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vox-v847/67997

That's you sorted then...Cube 30X instead of the 20X and a Vox wah pedal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Whose idea was it to type '£' as 'lbs'?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by steven seagull
+1 , the 30x is only another £30 and it's much better.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/70527

It'd just be a waste, to get an expensive effects pedal, especialyl a distortion, far better to simply get the better amp. Pedals are going to be of limited use with the cube anyway...although a wah is worth getting.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vox-v847/67997

That's you sorted then...Cube 30X instead of the 20X and a Vox wah pedal.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^+2...

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Cube 30x then? I heard the 20 had some things the 30 didn't... Hmm, I would definately have enough for it. What are the differences between the 20 and 30?

And cheers for your replies so far!
Boss ME 50 and go try one out as they are many BOSS pedals in one and I play much of the stuff you said you play and it does it nicely!
Quote by shaggz
Boss ME 50 and go try one out as they are many BOSS pedals in one and I play much of the stuff you said you play and it does it nicely!

That Boss ME 50 does sound good... but I´m not sure if I could afford it with the 30X amp... Is there anything like that but cheaper? Or is it best to save up and get that one?

Oh, and would someone be able to tell me the major differences between the Roland Cube 20 and 30x please? Other than the wattage...

Cheers!
the 30 has amp models which the 20 doesn't have. it's just all-around better, if you ask me. i'm not sure why you need the me50 either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you want to be creative, get a KORG AX3000G. If you want to sound like everybody else and all the other multi-effects pedals...........get a Digitech RP350.
Just say nothing to Drama Queens and Posers !
Let the MUSIC Do the Talking !!!!!!
JonesboroMusic.com
get an EHX english muffn

awesome rage tones, or a metal muff

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by The Gore Child

Cheers

The cube amps are modeling and dont like multi FX digital pedals. Get some analog pedals for it.

Personally I would just go with the cube 30x though. The rolands have a lot fo FX built into them which is nice.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 30, 2008,