just got thier debut album which came out 2 years ago (kinda late lol). great stuff. really changed my opinion on Rusty Cooley. Incredible vocals (although the singer that did the vocals on the album is no longer with them). All instrumental work is fantastic.

the crazy part about this band is thier decently young and sound just as technical as Sym X and DT. I cant find much info but Cooley is in his mid 30s, Shawn Kasack (bassist)is ?, Matt Mckenna i know is inceridbly young (20s i would say)

Cooley i believed to be a modern Batio, just shred and nothing else. But in this album he shows us incredible feel and has great whammy bar skills (not just beating on it like Herman Li). He prings powerful riffs to songs and leaves me jaw-dropped with his solos.

Mckenna is phenominal. I watched videos of him playing drums and My God, Future Drum Prodigy.

Personally my fav song ont he album is "City of The Dead"

I am a incredibly tough critic, even on myself, so to get a "phenominal" from me is an amazing feat in itself lol.

Let us discuss this band...
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
personally, i don't find Cooley as good as Petrucci... he is certainly about as competent at speed playing, but the way Petrucci writes songs and so effortlessly plays into different time signatures never ceases to amaze me... I doubt Outworld will ever write a song as technical as the Instrumedly from the Live At Budokan CD
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Did you buy the CD online? I can't find it anywhere but I don't want to resort to downloading or torrenting.
Yeah, there are a few threads on him/outworld already. And yes, the CD does show a different side of rusty. In case anyone wants some news, Outworld's 2nd vocalist (Carlos Zema) left, and Bobby Williamson (keyboards) left. I'll give you more details if you want. They are currently taking a short break, but will then be looking for a new singer, and their musical style may be somewhat changed from their original album's sound.
Quote by TheShred201
Yeah, there are a few threads on him/outworld already. And yes, the CD does show a different side of rusty. In case anyone wants some news, Outworld's 2nd vocalist (Carlos Zema) left, and Bobby Williamson (keyboards) left. I'll give you more details if you want. They are currently taking a short break, but will then be looking for a new singer, and their musical style may be somewhat changed from their original album's sound.

yea could you give me more info..im kinda pissed off now cause i watched all thier damn webisopdes, i guess that was a waste..=(
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
Carlos Zema:
Left to join the David Shankle group. However, he said that it was because he wanted to spend more time with his family in Brazil, and I feel like at some points there was some other thing thrown in. However, he quit the David Shankle group after about a month and joined Coldera.

Bobby Williamson:
Left primarily due to the evolution in the bands sound. From what I heard, it was getting a bit heavier (I heard somewhat more meshuggah like as well), and the keyboards just weren't really fitting in with the new sound. He's currently in the process of starting a new project and has enlisted Reece Fullwood to play guitar with him.