Hi guys,

I'm trying to write a chord progression to a song I'm writing and I'm getting stuck. Everytime I get somewhere with it, it just starts sounding like wherever you will go! I want to keep the changes similar, but it's getting too bad. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
(guessing right now it's a C/B/a/G type progression); try to start with the melody, and use that as a basis for the chord structure.
if ur following a key 4 example A D E for a basic 3 chord song or if ur using six chords A D E F#m Bm C#m try adding somthin thats not in the key just 2 get u 2 a place u can work with like in this key add a G or F natural
Cheers. That sounds like a plan. Sorry I spelt chord wrong in the title by the way. I'm doing 8 things at once. I don't like working with the cycle of 5ths too much, gets a bit predictable, but I guess it doesn't matter when you have a good melody with it.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know