Page 1 of 2
If you go to IMDb, you might have seen that the new batman has beaten The Godfather as #1 on the top 250 movies of all time. Do you think The Dark Knight is worth #1?

I liked it a lot, and I've been to it three times (but only because I was invited, I wouldn't have planned to go myself any more than twice), but I'm not sure if its better than the Godfather. I also haven't seen The Shawshank Redemption (#2, now #3) so I can't judge if batman is better.
In all honesty, the Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather and the Dark Knight are the three best films I've seen.
I dunno it's pretty epic to be fair.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
It's not better than the godfather or the shawshank redemption and it will move down by the time the dvd comes out.
meh a lot of fags voted the godfather and shawshank as 1 star so that dark knight would get to the top.

I'm yet to see the dark knight so i'll reserve judgement on it, but I can't help but feel it has a bit of the "death effect" to thank for it's good reviews.

I may be proven wrong, I might not.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
its really good, but idk if it deserves number one.
if he had a cool voice, maybe
it sure is up there.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
no the dark knight i thought was an excellent movie. Ledgers acting in it upstaged every one.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
it definitely isn't the greatest movie ever, but it should be near the top somewhere.

btw, the godfather is very overrated.
It doesn't deserve to be #1 It was a great movie, not the best ever.
Quote by Haedadru
I suggest nicola teslas powered radiation death ray mounted on an orange, top secret, neo-nazi flying swastika

What?
I don't agree Batman should be number 1 but I also don't agree with the Godfather either.

Batman was a great film but I'd reserve its place in maybe my top 15 all time.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by tommyt
meh a lot of fags voted the godfather and shawshank as 1 star so that dark knight would get to the top.

I'm yet to see the dark knight so i'll reserve judgement on it, but I can't help but feel it has a bit of the "death effect" to thank for it's good reviews.

The "death effect" has no effect. The only effect it has is the pissy/sad effect because he won't be in another one.
I think it deserves #1 because it's probably the best film I've seen of this generation, and The Godfather has been #1 for 30 something years already (NOTE: I don't hate The Godfather), and I think it's actually good to have another movie as #1 for once, and The Dark Knight was great enough to be at the top.

EDIT: I'd have to agree though with some of you guys, it's not the BEST, but it's one of the greatest so far.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
It's just new film hype. If you look, Wall-E is also very high up, it'll die down eventually.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by EvilDomo
I think it deserves #1 because it's probably the best film I've seen of this generation, and The Godfather has been #1 for 30 something years already (NOTE: I don't hate The Godfather), and I think it's actually good to have another movie as #1 for once, and The Dark Knight was great enough to be at the top.

EDIT: I'd have to agree though with some of you guys, it's not the BEST, but it's one of the greatest so far.

no ... it hasnt, IMDB has only been around since 1990.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Heath Ledger definitely gets the #1 character ever in my books. He played it so well that I forgot he died, so I wasn't biased while watching. He was fucking amazing.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
King has to lose the throne eventually.....

Godfather is overrated IMHO. Time for change, eh?
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
I think it just scrapes number 1. It is one of the greatest films I've ever seen, but I think a small portion of the hype surrounding TDK is overblown merely for the fact that Ledger died after filming.

I remember all the doubt when they announced him as the joker, and then as soon as he died, people started jumping onto his dick.

Quote by tommyt

He didn't mean only on IMDb you tool.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by EvilDomo

I do have to agree in one part, it would make sense for the list to be a bit more dynamic and not just focus on the classics. And I do think The Dark Knight is probably in my Top 5 of all time.

I'll just add, my all time favorite movie is either Pulp Fiction or Fight Club.
It was a really great film, definitely in the top 5 pretty much. But Shawshank was much better, and although I havent seen Godfather, there are a few better films.

Heath ledger, why the **** did he die...
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
ive never been able to sit all the way throught he godfather, sorry.
i also thought that the dark night was just gettign good reviews because of the whole dead thing, but it was actually a really badass movie. really. Number one movie of all time though...

meh.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Maybe top ten, but the greatest movie of all time? Retarded fanboys are to thank for that kind of ranking.
Quote by Tarzan_man
Havn't seen it yet but I think Shawn of the dead should be numbero uno. I like that movie

*Shaun
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I don't like the Godfather movies. But rating a movie as number one seems a bit weird to me. I mean just because it's on some site does it really mean it's the best movie ever made? I liked The Dark Knight but it doesn't matter where it is ranked on best movies because I simply do not care. Sorry if I sounded like a jerk but I'm just saying it only deserves the spot you think it deserves.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Quote by tommyt

thats only because alot of godfather fans were doing the same to TDK.

I can honestly say its the best film ive seen in my life time. Ive seen in 4x in theatres alone.

But there is no definate best movie so this argument is stupid. Just like there's no definate best band or best painting.
Quote by tommyt
I know, I'm just pointing out that since the movie came out 30 years ago, Newsletters and other media have been calling it #1. Not counting when IMDB users started rating it.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I think it just scrapes number 1. It is one of the greatest films I've ever seen, but I think a small portion of the hype surrounding TDK is overblown merely for the fact that Ledger died after filming.

I remember all the doubt when they announced him as the joker, and then as soon as he died, people started jumping onto his dick.

He didn't mean only on IMDb you tool.

this thread is about it getting the number 1 spot of the IMDB list and as the godfather isn't everyones favourite film my point still stands, don't be a wanker.

Quote by EvilDomo
I know, I'm just pointing out that since the movie came out 30 years ago, Newsletters and other media have been calling it #1. Not counting when IMDB users started rating it.

thats because it actually is a great film, like i said though, i haven't seen the dark knight so i don't know if it's good or bad, but i still think it's fairly crappy to rate what are pretty damn good films 1 star to get another film to the top ... if the film was that good it would get their on it's own.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Last edited by tommyt at Jul 29, 2008,
Not even remotely.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by tommyt
this thread is about it getting the number 1 spot of the IMDB list and as the godfather isn't everyones favourite film my point still stands, don't be a wanker.

thats because it actually is a great film, like i said though, i haven't seen the dark knight so i don't know if it's good or bad, but i still think it's fairly crappy to rate what are pretty damn good films 1 star to get another film to the top ... if the film was that good it would get their on it's own.

the godfather fans did the same to TDK.
Quote by Ticket48
I don't like the Godfather movies. But rating a movie as number one seems a bit weird to me. I mean just because it's on some site does it really mean it's the best movie ever made? I liked The Dark Knight but it doesn't matter where it is ranked on best movies because I simply do not care. Sorry if I sounded like a jerk but I'm just saying it only deserves the spot you think it deserves.

Well I'm not really saying that IMDb defines it, there are tons of other movie lists out there, I'm just saying that apparently 165,800 voters on IMDb think it should be #1 so it means a high amount of people think its the best of all time.
Quote by on a jet
the godfather fans did the same to TDK.

i don't agree with either side doing it. it's just as petty.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
This actually pisses me off.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
it will die down eventually, probably settling to someplace in the top 30.

now, on my own list TDK would be lucky to crack the top 30.
Quote by TooFast
This actually pisses me off.

you do realize that a movie's greatness is totally subjective right?

I could think from justin to kelly is the greatest movie of all time and i still wouldnt be wrong.
Page 1 of 2