I'm mainly a bassist but I kinda want to learn guitar now. I'm mainly just going to be playing in my bedroom and maybe jamming with some friends. Ive been looking at a few Squiers and lower end Ibanez guitars. What would be a good cheap, but quality guitar for me? I'm not looking to spend over $250.
Ibanez GSA-60. I've had mine 5 years now, I bought it as my second guitar and I love it. Easiest guitar to play that you will find under $200 (I think they run $150ish now). The action is nice and low and it has two single coils and a humbucker.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
some of the higher end squiers can be had for around 250, and they are alright to start with so long as you keep everything well adjusted.

What kind of music are you wanting to play? An Ibanez and a Fender will give you very different sounds.
Quote by hawk5211
some of the higher end squiers can be had for around 250, and they are alright to start with so long as you keep everything well adjusted.

What kind of music are you wanting to play? An Ibanez and a Fender will give you very different sounds.

Blues, Jazz, Ska, and some Metal, mainly what I play on bass
I would say buying used would be the way to go. You can snag used ESP's, Jacksons, and some really amazing older Charvels from the Model series on eBay for nickles and dimes. I got a Jackson DK2M off eBay for under $250 about a month ago, and you can snag the Model guitars for around that much as well.
yamaha pacifica 112?

if you know what you're doing, going used would be a good call too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok thanks for the input I'm going to take a look around some pawn shops today maybe I'll find a buried treasure
When I started playing my first guitar was a Squier. It's my only electric guitar (besides my acoustic) and I've been playing for a few years. It works really well for me. Very good for beginners
Look onto some Agiles Puts up a fight agaist Epiphoneles pauls and only cost around $250 go to Rondo music.com