Page 1 of 2
A band that dosnt go anywere, I got pullled into this band with a frontman who wouldn't know how to play heavy if it came up and punched him. I'm not saying I'm better(even if he did say it) but Boss DS-1 isn't heavy IMO. But back on topic anyone ever make the mistake of joining a band that dosn't do much of anything hell we had one band practice and we got nothing done and would you agree that bass and drums are needed for a good metal band cause 2 guitars dosn't cut. Any thought?
Oh yeah, all bands I've been in have been like that. There's no organization, people just sit their playing anything all the time and we never actually get anything done. They don't play with each other they play against each other, constantly showing off and trying to look the best.
All of the bands i've been in have gone nowhere. a few have barely started before i've kicked them!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Why would punching someone make them play heavy?

It's like punching someone in the face if they don't know how to play polo...
Quote by The_Paranoia

I love you.
Well, I think that if I had a choice of a bassist and a second guitarist, I'd choose the guitarist and wait for a bassist to come along later.

In all honesty, I think two guitarists fills up the frequency spectrum with a "wall of sound" much more efficiently than a bassist and a guitarist. NOT to say that a bassist is useless, it's just that in a solid band that wants to be heard, the top priority should be a second guitarist.

Eh, my post is a bit off-topic, sorry.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
well a while ago my band was doing very well..
we recorded an album in a studio and everthing
but then our singer quit and we have a new singer and we aren't going anywhere..
I don't know what to do. i want to quit but I don't cause they're all my best friends
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
2 guitarists does not a band make. Especially a metal band.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I have a second guitarist but I just wanted a good bass backround and drums and to slashvr45 never quit cause ya never know.
Quote by civildp1

Yeah, one of the best things about metal are the crazy drum lines
Our old band practices consisted of playin lots of covers, poorly...and drinking lots

Good times!
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Our band has been rotting in the sun on the side of the highway ever since it got started.

So I guess that's a yes.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I was in a horrible "metal" band. It wouldn't work because the other guitar player decided that we had to play in drop D and do Tool and Avenged Sevenfold Covers. My new band is actually going pretty well. It's an odd mix of electronic, indie, '70's rock, and '80's pop.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
My last band sorta ended up dead.
Well it was getting somewhere and we got two songs recorded n up on myspace.
But i lost interest in the band n its music.
So i left it to work on my solo project n a new band idea.
The band then dissolved after i left it.

And bass and drums are needed for any sorta music.
Music sounds empty without bass n drums.
my band is dying, cause it seems im the only on who cares. we have 6 songs, all written by me, and no one takes the time to learn, either.
they're not to bad either, they're on my bands myspace.
lol, free promoting of my band in this thread
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Hmm, all the bands I've been, I've been gigging with (minus my first when I was like 13) But I can't wait to get back out and play with my new gear.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by XxSkaixX
A band that dosnt go anywere, I got pullled into this band with a frontman who wouldn't know how to play heavy if it came up and punched him. I'm not saying I'm better(even if he did say it) but Boss DS-1 isn't heavy IMO. But back on topic anyone ever make the mistake of joining a band that dosn't do much of anything hell we had one band practice and we got nothing done and would you agree that bass and drums are needed for a good metal band cause 2 guitars dosn't cut. Any thought?
Sounds like what you have is a jam partner, not a band.
ya. i wanted to play power metal, the drummer wanted to play the used, and the guitarist wanted to play nu metal. it didnt work out
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
oh yeah. first band i was in was going smooth for a bit then things just went to ****. we all got frustrated at each other (more so at one particular member in the band) and it tore the band and friendship apart. Now im friends with the bassist again and we rock out hard now.
Quote by Shaepwnsyou
Don't pretend to accidentally put your wang in her anus. That's retarded.
yea...
me and the Bassist listen to almost the same music
the singer and the drummer listen to the same music

Me and Bassist listen to - ska, reggae, metal, psycodelic, anything of that nature

since the singer and the drummer are both girls they listen to gay music like - Secondhand Seronade, My Chemical Romance, Tickle Me Pink, Say Anything, and whatever else is gay...
its hard to make songs when we all are very different
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
The so called "band" that I'm in now is dead. We haven't practiced since December of 2007. It pisses me off just thinking about it.
Yep, my cousin and I jammed once, and he kept trying to get a drummer to come over to start a pop-punk band, but nothing became of it.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by slashvr45
yea...
me and the Bassist listen to almost the same music
the singer and the drummer listen to the same music

Me and Bassist listen to - ska, reggae, metal, psycodelic, anything of that nature

since the singer and the drummer are both girls they listen to gay music like - Secondhand Seronade, My Chemical Romance, Tickle Me Pink, Say Anything, and whatever else is gay...
its hard to make songs when we all are very different

My aforementioned band:
I listen to: Ska, reggae, punk

Singer listens to: Goth rock, metal, Japanese pop, showtunes.

That's another reason our band didn't work.
Sorry, my bands alive and kicking, and doing well

But all the other bands I'd been in were "Dead bands". They all sucked because I didn't really wanna play that type of music, I just jumped at the chance to play in a band. I got asked to be in my current band and its been awesome.
I forgot to mention my previous bands. My first band had about 20 practices over 2 years. We only stayed together cause they were all my best friends. 3 different metal bands also recruited me. One asked me to join and then never spoke to me again. The other two never practiced...ever.
Quote by XxSkaixX

Haha yeah actually.
We never got anything done, because we all had terrible cases of musical ADD.
So we'd be doing something, then stop and do something else, but it was still a hella good time.

Now I'm in a band with two of those previous members and we're coming along quite nicely.
1st band: Punk. Used to be good, but now basically dead. I've just assumed we're not playing anymore since no one has called me in months.

2nd/current band: Metal. Very tight and organized, 3-4 practices per week. Guess which one I prefer.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Haven't been a band that hasn't been dead.

Had a my first band which lasted a few months, we did one little school competition and then just fell apart. Then I had one with the same friends but a totally different style of music and a new singer. This was probably my most 'successful' band. We did a few different school things and planned to record some of our songs but then the singer went to college and so the band fell apart again. My last band was a heavy metal band. We had a gig which was terrible and that one fell apart - but we sounded OK, just couldn't get a singer.

I'm meant to be starting a new one up soon but I suspect it will just suck again.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by civildp1

see: drone/doom/ambient/sludge metal. It's possible. And it's some of the heavist stuff ever.
Last time I was in a band I was the singer/screamer, and we did a lamb of god cover and started on a pantera cover but never finished it, we never could write anything together it seemed, the band I was in before that didn't even get 1 cover before we were dead. Just recently though my older brother has picked up the drums and I am really enjoying playing with him, I think I just prefer to jam with people.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
I think all my previous bands have pretty much been like that.

My current one is going well, though.
I know what you're talking about, I'm in a dead band.
Our practices consist of the drummer just banging away at the drums all day so we cant even talk, then our rhythm guitarist just playing the same riffs over and over again, our bassist never showing up or if he does all he does is skate around, our singer refusing to sing, and then when everybody figures out we're not getting anything done, playing guitar hero, super smash bros, or going to the movies.
I love em and all but I want to shoot them in the face.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Yeah but after a while, i found the undead annoying and talentless
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
My bands nothing like that. We all agree on what covers to do and are very good at writing songs.
yup, both the bands ive been in were a waste of time, the first ones drummer didnt actually know how to play drums and only had one lesson, ad the second band only had 2 guitarists and a vocalists who was too scared to actually sing. sod em, im going solo
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Page 1 of 2