i get a harsh buzz sound whenever i play a B-note (on strings 1-4). its not fret buzz (its way harsher) and it just recently started.

im playing an epi les paul special through a classic 30 (jj's and avatar hellatone 30).

it not noticeable on clean but whenever i boost with my ts9 it gets real annoying.

im not sure what going on so id like some input so i can work on a solution
where is the sound coming from? I get these things a lot from objects in the room. I found the resonant frequency of my computer desk the other day, its one of the harmonics produced by an F# played at the 4th fret on my epiphone sheraton, and it makes the desk vibrate a lot if i use my big muff.

So it could be anything really, from the information you've given.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
yeah it turned out to be resonance. in all it was one of my preamp tubes (fixed it) and my pedals. so i tightened some screws and whatnot and its definitely less even though its still there.

but yeah i figured out the problem after i noticed a lightbulb next to me making similar noise when i hit a note
the vk i owned for 3days had similar issue mine was worst with a g note or cord. i did a google search and it's amazing how many people with all sorts of peavey tube amps report the same issues. i took mine back for a refund pronto.
Quote by mmjohn
the vk i owned for 3days had similar issue mine was worst with a g note or cord. i did a google search and it's amazing how many people with all sorts of peavey tube amps report the same issues. i took mine back for a refund pronto.

Yup its right around 2k and 4k mark.. It can be lowered or removed with an eq pedal..
i could lower it with my eq pedal but not remove it. it was worse on the clean channel. it was just a very frustrating sound.