Does anyone know how good it would sound, or had any experience with them?

I'm pretty new on the tube amp/fx pedal front, so I don't know if the combo would work and sound halfway decent. The last thing I want is to buy it and find it sounds crap!
I've tried out the Epi Valve Jr, and loved it, but not found anywhere to test the Holy Stain yet.

Cheers

Joeval
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
the Holy Stain is ok, but you can only the distortion plus one other effect at once so it's kind of a pain in the ass. The VJ sounds great though if you like classic rock type stuff or blues.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Joeval
Does anyone know how good it would sound, or had any experience with them?

I'm pretty new on the tube amp/fx pedal front, so I don't know if the combo would work and sound halfway decent. The last thing I want is to buy it and find it sounds crap!
I've tried out the Epi Valve Jr, and loved it, but not found anywhere to test the Holy Stain yet.

Cheers

Joeval

i have the holy stain and a modded vj and the reverb is great! the fuzz is weak. the drive is pretty good. i bought it mainly for the reverb and it sounds GREAT with the vj.
to be honest i have not really played around with the other features very much. so you might be able to tweak them to what you like.
Sweet, thanks. To be fair, I don't often use fuzz or distortion. My amp never leaves the clean channel! I'm more interested in the other effects.
Glad to hear about the reverb!
Cheers
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here