Quote by JS9-X
Are there any cool songs with bass tapping parts?

sadly none that i can think of off the top of my head
i do know that Smile in Your Sleep by Silverstien's guitar intro sounds pretty cool played on a bass :]
Try finding a transcription of "Moonlight Sonata" by Stu Hamm, it's an awesome version of the song and is quite fun to play.

Edit: It's in this video somewhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwaMeThlvzE&feature=related
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Dream Theatre's Metropolis Part 1 has a bass tapping solo.

However, like most of what has been mentioned, it definately required a solid knowledge of 2 handed tapping before you even start trying to learn it.

Best thing to do would be to practise playing arpeggio patterns in different ways, as it helps you learn to tap cleanly.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i guess you could call it a song but linus and lucy by stu hamm it's the charlie brown theme song it sounds awesome
Quote by gm jack
Dream Theatre's Metropolis Part 1 has a bass tapping solo.

However, like most of what has been mentioned, it definately required a solid knowledge of 2 handed tapping before you even start trying to learn it.

Best thing to do would be to practise playing arpeggio patterns in different ways, as it helps you learn to tap cleanly.

Yeah, I really like the Metropolis bass solo by John Myung:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVJ2zbGmMAI

I found Call of Ktulu a really fun song to play and there is some tapping, at least you can do it tapping.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

why dont you just get a song that you know and instead of fingering all the notes just tap half of them.
search primus songs
and yes, i wrote one
but primus
primus
primus
also
les claypool
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by Jonny Blaze
Two Words:

STUART HAMM

fixed
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
as said above, metropolis pt.1 by dream theater. good luck.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Primus

More specifically, Jerry Was a Racecar Driver and DMV
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.