I am starting to have a little bit of gear in my basement. A drum, my amps, and guitars etc.

I was thinking of using my new computer( tower) to record my work and friends work, now i know i need a minimum amount of gear to do so, I was thinking about an external sound card, and an sm57 mic, and maybe one of those USB condenser mics for vocals

now what we be the basic gear I should be getting to start home recording of decent quality

thanks for complete help

if possible could you use gear available from axemusic (DOT) com ( i did not want to post an external link but i want to use from this site as I like doing buisness with them)

EDIT:
would this be suitable for use for recording? is it only good for recording?

Alesis MultiMix 16 USB 16-channel Stereo Mixer with 28-bit DSP Effects and USB Interface with Cubase LE Software
Last edited by ferguson911 at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by slash-120
Your almost spot on there to be honest. Get a nice external card/interface, preferably Firewire, USB2.0 will do if not.

SM57 will do fine for all your guitaring needs, a Nice condensor will handle vocals and acoustics.

However drums can become a bit of a chore, You'll need a fair few mics and an interface with a good few inputs.

thanks, like i edited above

Alesis MultiMix 16 USB 16-channel Stereo Mixer with 28-bit DSP Effects and USB Interface with Cubase LE Software

would this be a good interface?

i can get it for 330$ canadian approximatively + a sm 57 for about 100$ and a condenser for the same price, all plugging through XLR wiring to the interface to my computer and maybe into cubase or adobe audition
Quote by slash-120
That would be perfect actually, I'd try it out though If you can. 16 tracks, USB. Seems alright to me.

what mic's would be the best to buy to start out, im thinking the mixer, + sm57+ maybe a behringer c2 studio condenser ( as a pair)? or a CAD GXL2200 ? or maybe the c1 berhnringer for vocal at less than 50$

the big question is the condenser

also what would i need to fully mic a drum