OK, so my Bugera 6262 Head came in the mail today. Obviously, I'm not a master with electronics and stuff, so when I try and plug my head into my Marshall 1960 Lead B Cab, it's not working at all. I've been trying to figure out how to make it work for the past 20 minutes, and nothing. Can someone troubleshoot with me here?

-Is it because I have an effects loop (A Rocktron Hush)?

-Can you use a Bugera head and a Marshall cab together?

-It says something on the back of the head and cab about "impedence"...wtf?

I really need some help here. Can anyone give me some advice? /
Quote by DeathForAll

-Is it because I have an effects loop (A Rocktron Hush)?

- I don't know.

-Yes.

-Impedence is in ohms. It will be a number (4,8,16, whatever). You want the same ohms going from the head to the cab.
YOu need to match the impedences, like 8ohm output from your amp to 8ohm input to your cabinet.

It's a simple fix (or should be) and I'm sure the guys at your local music shop will figure it out no problem
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
i had the same problem with my wah pedal and it turned out that it was just a bad pedal and i had 2 return it and they sent me a new 1 that worked
Quote by DeathForAll

-Is it because I have an effects loop (A Rocktron Hush)?:
nope

Quote by DeathForAll

yep

I'm guessing you are not plugged out of your power out into the cabinet... maybe a pre- out or something.
Guitar & Bass
Alright, it also says something about the inputs being parallel or something...So does that mean if I plug the wire in the left side of my head I have to plug it in the left side for the cab?
If the head has a left and right output, you're going to want to use the left output for just one cab. The left output is the default mono output, so use it first. If you add a second cab, you'd use the right output second.
I assume that the amp is turning on, right? Mabey you have a bad cable.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
make sure your cab is in the mono position... and plug head output into the 4 ohms input on the back of the cab make sure your head is in 4 ohms..
try no effects loop.....power on let warm up...turn stand by..to off...volume slowly up should work
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
OK, I got it now, guys. Thanks so much.

And by the way, I highly recommend getting a Bugera 6262 Head. It's only $550, but it's a beastly tube amp that will devour the very essence of your SOUL.

/rant

In other words, it's awesome. Thanks for the help.
Quote by DeathForAll
OK, I got it now, guys. Thanks so much.

And by the way, I highly recommend getting a Bugera 6262 Head. It's only $550, but it's a beastly tube amp that will devour the very essence of your SOUL.

/rant

In other words, it's awesome. Thanks for the help.

although i am considering the amp....i don't think you've really used..high end amp all that much keeping in mind you need help..turning yours on

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by numbfinger
make sure your cab is in the mono position... and plug head output into the 4 ohms input on the back of the cab make sure your head is in 4 ohms..
try no effects loop.....power on let warm up...turn stand by..to off...volume slowly up should work

exactly what i was gonna say
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by numbfinger
although i am considering the amp....i don't think you've really used..high end amp all that much keeping in mind you need help..turning yours on

Honestly, I'm kind of..eh.."spoiled" for a lack of a better term when it comes to electronics, because my dad always does everything for me. This is the first time I've ever put an amp together by myself.
ok sorry for being a complete douche then

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by numbfinger
ok sorry for being a complete douche then

It's cool, dude. I know what it's like to buy an amp without really trying it. You think too much, I guess.

But I've been playing for about 8 years, so...I would say that you could trust me.