What exactly is the best way to clean a fretboard? Any special products or will some regular household cleaners get the job done?
lemon oil (not juice) , put on a soft cloth and wipe down fret board, let sit for a few minutes. Then wipe off, with another cloth.

I think there's another product you can use, but im drawing a blank
lemon oil, i use dunlop formula 65. doesnt work on maple fretboards though
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
You can use Pledge furniture polish.
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

^ Do you know who that is? It's the guitar player from Fall Out Boy.
boiled linseed oil works very well and conditions the wood. old dunlop no. 65 is the tried and tested way.
you killed metal twice but it will never really die, it's kind of like a zombie, or even that jesus guy
-brian posehn
take off the the strings and get a thick brisseled brush the type u use to clean crust off pots and go 2 town on it twill b as clean as a whistle afterwards
Check furniture polish for silicone first, because that can damage some finishes.

Lemon oil only works on unfinished darkwood fretboards. Otherwise you'll have to use standard guitar polish.

Toothbrushes for children (which have extra-soft bristles) are good for cleaning round the metal frets.
mmmmmm thanks for that one twasbrilling, are you trying to be funny or were you just born that way?
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
i just use generic lemon oil on the fretboard along with a rag. use the other end of the rag just to wipe off dust and stuff from the body. i put this lube stuff in the nut too. idk what it does, but something good according to the internet. haha.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX