Are they any decent? I'm thinking about picking one up, but i've heard mixed opinions on them, Help please?
Gear:
Ibanez GSR200FM
Ibanez SW35 amp

Jackson JS30RR
Cheap fender amp

Getting a better guitar amp after christmas.

Well a low - mid range one isn't really what would spring in to my mind when i think of good a bass, but there high end stuff, obviously are better.

xx
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I find that alot of the basses are really muddy, no matter what you put them through.
Their higher end models, like the Razorback, sound pretty good. Obviously they're geared towards metal, so if metal is your thing, I'd consider them. Don't waste your money on a cheap one though. Unless you're getting a high-end one, look elsewhere. It's about the same as the whole BC Rich situation. Their high end stuff can be great, but their low-end stuff is total junk.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
The Edges are good for their price, they are the typical example of a good quality, modern day bass.

The ML series is a budget line, good, but very, very simple. You can only get really one tone out of them, but they have a lot of space for modification and art. They are a tad overpriced (around $50 more than i would pay), but they get the job done and I cant find a better start to a modification project.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
i use the highest end demonator & i think it sounds & plays great, however i was playing the single pick-up bolt on version & i hated it.... kinda strange really. but in general deans can be tonally limited, ie my demonator plays metal/rock genres well, but im still looking for something to handle blues/jazz/funk. try out one of the higher end models models for the best sound.
I had a friend who I convinced to take up bass order this puppy: http://www.music123.com/Dean-Edge-10a-Electric-Bass-with-Active-Electronics-512156-i1147575.Music123 . Real cheap, decently made, and sounds pretty damn good. The active pickups probably help a lot. I played guitar stuff on it and it plays nice and no buzzing or any of that bull****. If this cheap one by them plays good for the money, their better stuff is probably good as well.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
if you are into metal then it will do the job, but i would suggest an ibanez
if you are into rock/punk then a squier would be great
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400