we won our heat of youngblood band comp 08, in coffs harbour, and we are playing in the finals tonight.

we got in last year and came third, we are 100 x better this year, but the competition is like 100 x harder as well.

we get to play a twenty minutes set, and the prizzes are mad recording time and guitars and all ssorts of shiz.

producers, record dealers, scouts, or whatever are always at the gigs, the usually sit in the box near the judges table. the gig packs out the whole rsl club, and i am nervous as ****.

so wish me luck, and any last minute tips on doing a most professional set?
You have twenty mins max on stage or twenty minutes max for songs themselves? If you have time, do some crowd participation. Getting the crowd involved and riled up is always fun
"It's not whether or not you make a mistake that makes you come across as a pro.... it is how you deal with it when you do."

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
i know this sounds lame but it's true

try your best and don't sweat it,

tell us how it goes ok?
the whole comp ended up being really rigged, with a crappy 12 year olds band winning due to the frontgirls mother being an item with the promoter.

we played a great show tho, and expanded our fanbase all the more.

here is vids of the night,

make sure to check them out and tell us how we sound.

EDIT: sorry, here is the link http://www.youtube.com/user/madasahatterband
Last edited by HethaHORRIFIC at Aug 1, 2008,
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
the whole comp ended up being really rigged, with a crappy 12 year olds band winning due to the frontgirls mother being an item with the promoter.

we played a great show tho, and expanded our fanbase all the more.

here is vids of the night,

make sure to check them out and tell us how we sound.

Well, from the vids, I'd say you guys were slightly quiet, with a touch of non-existent thrown in
^
+1 *confused*
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I'm not really into this sort of music. But i can say from the videos i saw, you guys are very good and i especially like the energy of the lead singer. Keep up the good work and best of luck to you guys.
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC

W H O R E
i liked the videos

all those things are rigged, playing at birthdays is way more funner anyways.

good job though
it could be the recording but the drums seemed to drown everything else out. while i love listening to a good drummer play, most non-musicians want something more than a bit of good drumming. the singer was pretty good, and fits well with the style. when i could hear him, the guitarist was pretty good too. im still listening and trying really hard to heard the bass but all im getting is one note here and there, so i cant really crit the bassist.

anyway, good job guys.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?