Page 1 of 2
Bollocks
Quote by Massive Failure
I used to get nude and hump my stuffed animals, and one day my parents caught me. They were shocked, I had Winnie the Pooh in submission and I was ruthlessly humping him and moaning.
Seems kinda dumb to me.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Oh dear.....

now all the rich white kids all gonna be playing the same 30 "rock" songs over and over again.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

playing guitar as a game? it'll never work
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
What they said
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Mr. Rittard
Oh dear.....

now all the rich white kids all gonna be playing the same 30 "rock" songs over and over again.

hey, at least people that work at guitar center/samash are going to have new songs to hear
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
playing guitar as a game? it'll never work

I lol'ed so hard.

I'm buying it if it isn't to expensive.
You know what this means guys!
After the wave of people starting to play guitar after Guitar Hero (including me) a new wave will come along playing guitar with this programm.
I just watched it again.

Now I'm sad.
=[

Flam·boy·ant

Do you know about tablature (“tab” for short)? It’s a form of sheet music which has a line for each string and uses numbers on each line to represent a fret board on a guitar.

This is just like Guitar Hero.
I guess once people start customizing the songs, it'll be fun. Then you can learn songs at your own pace on a real guitar.

I might actually be able to learn solos this way. Normally I look them over then play my own thing along the same notes.
That's weird.

It probably won't sell much for its difficulty. I mean, you have six strings (not five buttons), and 22 frets (not five buttons).
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Mr. Rittard
Oh dear.....

At least they'll be playing REAL music on a REAL instrument. Who says they won't learn more songs on guitar once they get into it?
I'm a person.
i think it's stupid..you play this over and over and you're like "yay i got 0957384584385 points on that song, the video crowd loves me" ..and than you're at that great campfire and can't play **** 'cause you don't have your sideways-scrolling bar with the great notes on it
Quote by PinkIsCool
At least they'll be playing REAL music on a REAL instrument. Who says they won't learn more songs on guitar once they get into it?

And what about memorization?

This game itsn't gonna work out.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
And what about memorization?

This game itsn't gonna work out.

to be any good at this game you would pretty much have to memorize the songs, this isn't like guitar hero with only 5 buttons, that and songs aren't really that hard to memorize when you play them over and over again, it sort of happens automatically.

Quote by six-feet-under
i think it's stupid..you play this over and over and you're like "yay i got 0957384584385 points on that song, the video crowd loves me" ..and than you're at that great campfire and can't play **** 'cause you don't have your sideways-scrolling bar with the great notes on it

So are you saying you can't play guitar without the tabs in front of you?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by six-feet-under

I'm more inclined to your way of thinking.
plus, I really think that it would make guitar learning too easy.

I mean.
Guitar learning up to this point has been really
-Get a teacher
-Teach yourself

Now, there is this thing.
that is just going to mess up that perfect system.

I feel negative towards it,
possibly because I'm not so much a rock guitarist, I tend to sway towards blues/jazz.
and all this guitar hero and rock band do is emphasize rock (which makes sense for rock band)
but still, I mean why don't they put more Stevie Ray Vaughan on guitarhero.
Or get some Jazz guitar in there. its really silly.

I'm just biased.
The world is changing. =[

Flam·boy·ant

Looks better than Rock band and Guitar hero, have to give them that
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
to be any good at this game you would pretty much have to memorize the songs, this isn't like guitar hero with only 5 buttons, that and songs aren't really that hard to memorize when you play them over and over again, it sort of happens automatically.

I can probably say that the people who play this game aren't gonna play it for the music, they're gonna play it for the game. If you're playing it for the 'game' then there isn't gonna be a whole lot of memorization going on.

I personally think guitar isn't something to be put in a game, but that is just my opinion.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by six-feet-under

Are you gay?
It's the same thing as playing with Guitar Pro.
A beginner can't play blind guitar (looking at the screen the whole time and just knowing where the fret is) anyhow, he'll have to know the rythem and ****.
But...but..

ITS JUST LIKE PLAYING TO TAB!

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO BLIND?!

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!11!?1

Quote by Holy.
I can probably say that the people who play this game aren't gonna play it for the music, they're gonna play it for the game. If you're playing it for the 'game' then there isn't gonna be a whole lot of memorization going on.

I personally think guitar isn't something to be put in a game, but that is just my opinion.

AWW FUCK
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by Holy.

I agree 5000%.

I think thats why I have such a distaste and negative vibe for this thing.
Even rock band and guitarhero. I think guitar is just too
important to be trivialized into a game.

I mean, I was playing guitar for the first time with some friends of friends,
and they were experts on the game.
and I was the only one who could play real guitar, but I couldn't play guitarhero at all.
All in all, It was very demoralizing. =[

I think that I'd be ok with it more if they weren't advertising it as a game.
If they said they have a program that could teach you guitar.
I'd be far happier.

Flam·boy·ant

There's a similar game called Guitar Wizard in development. I don't know which was started first, but one is obviously stealing the flame from the other.

Either way, it's a great idea. I see it more as a method for improving technique and discipline as opposed to having fun though.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

no, but i think this is what you end up "learning" with that game. maybe you'll memorize some of these 30 songs in it and can acutally play them on guitar without the game running. but i don't think it'll help, to build up understanding of the music at all. and by that, you probably won't play any other stuff until guitar rising 2 hits stores.
I'm pretty surprised at these reactions. Didn't most of us learn to type with some sort of typing "game?" Now look at me. I know more than "fff jjj ff jj fjf jfj ff jj f" I'm typing words!! And not only that, I'm making this **** up as I go along.

This looks like more of a teaching tool under the disguise of a game. I mean, you have a real guitar in your hands and you play along to tablature. Did I miss something?
That actually sounds cool. The only thing that troubles me is that you might not be able to add stuff like pinches or whatever and that there are only 30 songs. If you could mod, now THAT would be cool.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by spoonfulofshred
I'm pretty surprised at these reactions. Didn't most of us learn to type with some sort of typing "game?" Now look at me. I know more than "fff jjj ff jj fjf jfj ff jj f" I'm typing words!! And not only that, I'm making this **** up as I go along.

This looks like more of a teaching tool under the disguise of a game. I mean, you have a real guitar in your hands and you play along to tablature. Did I miss something?

but those typing games are marketed to teach.
and besides that, I hated them.

I just feel guitar playing shouldn't be a game.

Flam·boy·ant

Quote by Wiirdo
That actually sounds cool. The only thing that troubles me is that you might not be able to add stuff like pinches or whatever and that there are only 30 songs. If you could mod, now THAT would be cool.

How the hell is it "cool"?

You're just paying £40 for a prettier-looking version of Guitar Pro!

RIP.

OFF.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

That looks like a pretty cool game. I'll buy it.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']How the hell is it "cool"?

You're just paying £40 for a prettier-looking version of Guitar Pro!

RIP.

OFF.

It's better than assholes thinking Guitar Hero is real, isn't it?
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Also, the Guitar Wizard thing sounds 100x better because it's way more in-depth and you can put in any song.
Quote by HuckIt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
"... wtf"
Quote by JeanMi36
That looks like a pretty cool game. I'll buy it.

Quote by Wiirdo
It's better than assholes thinking Guitar Hero is real, isn't it?

No. No it isn't.

At least Guitar Hero had never been done before on a home video game system.

This? This is Guitar Pro with a new GUI.

Are people really dumb enough to buy this? Jesus H. Christ...
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Jul 29, 2008,
Page 1 of 2