im thinking of picking up another head....i was wondering is there a pretty cheap way of running two heads in one cab?.....i have a Marshall 1960a i figure if i run it in stereo and plug both heads in then the 2 heads will have 2x12s ....

but what im concerned with is how to split my guitar signal into to seperate signals...i know Y instrument cables exist but that would cause half of the signal to get to the heads..meaning 1/2 the tone of my pups....how is it that big bands run 2 heads?
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
A/B/Y box ftw

this.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
i dont wanna switch between them...i want to use characteristics from both heads....at the same time...perferably with like a 1ms-5ms delay to add depth

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
A/B/Y box ftw

this.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by numbfinger
i dont wanna switch between them...i want to use characteristics from both heads....at the same time...perferably with like a 1ms-5ms delay to add depth

an a b y box lets you split the signal to either just amp A, or just amp B, or BOTH, like splitting in a Y, hence the name a/b/Y box
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
oh ok thanks

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by numbfinger

Oops, sorry

Just remember that accurate sound reproduction when mic'ing the cab will now require two mics.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
that wont be a problem

how would i set up the wiring...guitar a/b/y both heads...then output from heads both into cab? what ohm rating do i need

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by numbfinger
that wont be a problem

how would i set up the wiring...guitar a/b/y both heads...then output from heads both into cab? what ohm rating do i need

Just google speaker wiring schematics. Pull the back panel from your cab & check the ohm rating of the speakers (it'll be printed on the speakers).
Also, just using a Y splitter from your guitar to the amps won't cause much signal loss. I've done what you're doing before, & the amps sounded just like they normally did with no boost or EQ necessary, just volume & chorus adjustment.
To get one amp to actually run 1-5ms behind the other one, you'll need to do more research. I ran both at the same time w/ one amp heavily chorused. Almost sounded like 3 guitars.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
i know what ohms the cab runs at...its 4 or 16 mono...and 8 stereo.........so do i set the heads at 16 each to get the 8 mono or what

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3