It has to be within the range of 100-300, I'm going to put bands in here that I like to maybe give you an idea of what sound I like, please don't flame on what I like because you don't like it I'm just trying to get a guitar with the sound quality that I like. I really like Ibanez, but name w/e you guys think is good for metal.

Arsis
All That Remains
Arch Enemy
As I Lay Dying
As Blood Runs Black
The Black Dahlia Murder
Bring Me The Horizon
Bullet For My Valentine(shut up, "Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow's intro has a good sound to me)
Children of Bodom
Iced Earth
Kalmah

Ok there is a little bit of what I like, hopefully you get an idea of what sounds I like, better yet Power Metal sound quality is great for me..... so yeah comment. thanks!
Schecter Guitars...mmmhhmmm schecter.

Good Music Choices aswell
"Speed is nothing without control" - Bart Frydrychowitcz

Mark Morton is a God

Gear
Schecter Gryphon Diamond Series Limited Edition
Carvin SX-300 Half Stack
Podxt Live
V-amp 2
Peavey Transtube 110efx
LTD, or anything with EMG's. LTD guitars are the budget range of ESP and their guitars are used by several of those bands you listed.
just go around and try a bunch of different ones
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
An Ibanez would be good for right now. Maybe an ESP, but at this price level, an Ibanez would probably give you the best bang for your buck.
well what amp are you playing through? you should probably go for a new amp first. and save your money. you'll be sorry if you buy something cheep now instead of saving for something good.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
jackson wouldnt be bad to try either. they have some good guitars for good prices...
It's a long way to the top, If you wanna rock and roll
The Ibanez RG range is an obvious choice and they offer a couple of decent guitars in that price range. Jackson is the other obvious one to look at, though I don't find them quite as versatile as the RG and I'm not convinced the build quality is quite as good.

Another alternative would be to look at Cort guitars. They have a very good range and if you bought a non-Prestige Ibanez RG, the chances are that Cort made it anyway.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
im going to say a fernades, i have one, in all black, with some heavy guage strings detuned to b, jsut for metal. it holds up great so far and i have no complaints.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Ok so your into that HxC, some what Kind of thrash/ screamo stuff. from the concerts I've gone to to see these kinds of bands they play Ibanez(I'm not a big fan of them) or Jackson.

I got 2 guitars here with no trems well the jackson does but there easy to replace strings like a Floyd.

Here's the jackson
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-JS1-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-511635-i1147169.gc

and here is the I-bang-ez
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar-103382115-i1167867.gc
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Get the jackson and play it through a line 6 spider
those things rock so hard!
I don't even shred
Quote by metalwarrior40
im going to say a fernades, i have one, in all black, with some heavy guage strings detuned to b, jsut for metal. it holds up great so far and i have no complaints.

cool, what fernandes you got dude?
Quote by dancesisidance

yeah but did you see the people who left feedback? they play classic rock and christian lol.

To the rest of you guys thanks for posting your thoughts on what guitars are good.

EDIT: I have a crappy 200 dollar Fender "Starcaster" that came with a 10 watt amp. It just says SP10 with a dot between sp and 10 so yeah I want to upgrade to a better quality guitar
Last edited by Who Sh0t Ya HxO at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
yeah but did you see the people who left feedback? they play classic rock and christian lol.

To the rest of you guys thanks for posting your thoughts on what guitars are good.

EDIT: I have a crappy 200 dollar Fender "Starcaster" that came with a 10 watt amp. It just says SP10 with a dot between sp and 10 so yeah I want to upgrade to a better quality guitar

no. you shouldn't believe what everyone says in reviews over there. 80% of them are inexperienced and don't know what they're talking about.

get a new amp. you'll be surprised how much of an improvement it'll make. spend that money and get a Roland Cube THEN start saving for a new guitar. depending on what you're doing, that Cube will hold you off for a while.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO

Bullet For My Valentine(shut up, "Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow's intro has a good sound to me)

What is B4MV looked down upon in UG? I haven't heard anything negetive personaly...and they're one of my favorite bands at the moment.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Last edited by HLrocker at Jul 29, 2008,
just walk in
look around
find the ugliest guitar in the store
buy it
because that will be the most "metal" guitar there
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Didn't know they made metal guitars.

I bet that sounds like hell.
Quote by Deep*Kick
why do you need to have ur amp flat bickie in your house if you are just practicing is what i'm wondering? Of course it's bad for every1's hearing

Rig:
Ibanez Xiphos7 w/ Blackouts -or- ESPh307->MXR ZW-44-> Peavey 6505+

7/ERG Legion
i've got a perfect one for you.
I use a Jackson DKMG with EMG 81 85 pickups and a
Floyd rose locking trem. Trust me this is the perfect metal setup.
I play human abstract, as blood runs black, august burns red, etc.
trust me you can get some wicked metal tones out of that beast
The guitar that you should get from guitar center that is heavy metal is the guitar that is the SG guitar from guitar center that is heavy metal.
You not going to get a metal sound from that amp. Most of your tone comes from the amp. I suggest getting a roland cube or save up more money.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by youreallygotme
Hmmm, i think you'd be better off buying a woden guitar, metal guitars kinda suck

LOL dude I'm talking about a guitar that gives a heavy metal sound not the body
hmmmmm never heard of a roland cube, what about randall, marshall, or line 6? aren't those good heavy metal amps?
Get a Roland Cube or a Randall if you can afford it.

Then buy a Hello Kitty Squier and put an EMG 81 into the bridge.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
All you'll be looking at in that price range is a pos guitar at Guitar Center. Best advice you will ever get:

Save your money. Get at least a midrange guitar. You will be much happier.

Since this is not what you asked for I will still help. Schecter seems to offer the best guitars at the 300.00 price mark. Go for something along the lines of this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Omen-6-Electric-Guitar-101262830-i1149925.gc

I still say save your money
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
LOL dude I'm talking about a guitar that gives a heavy metal sound not the body

yah i was kinda making fun of the thread title uh duh
I would flame you but how can I flame anyone that likes Kalmah? Get whatever feels right.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Quote by decadence5423
All you'll be looking at in that price range is a pos guitar at Guitar Center. Best advice you will ever get:

Save your money. Get at least a midrange guitar. You will be much happier.

Since this is not what you asked for I will still help. Schecter seems to offer the best guitars at the 300.00 price mark. Go for something along the lines of this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Omen-6-Electric-Guitar-101262830-i1149925.gc

I still say save your money

+1 on that I'd say save your money and get something you won't want to upgrade later. I mean upgrade to a new guitar not upgrade parts thats always fun!
My Setup:
Dean VMNT(Metallic Silver)
LTD DV8-R (Snow White)
Randall RG100sc
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by thesockmonster

Sarcasm: Killing any chance you ever had at scoring this guitar, since 1895.

THE TREND IS OVER!!!!
Ibanez is good for metal, so if you like them, go for it. But have you tried other brands? Go to a shop and try out a few brands(ESP/LTD, Jackson, Ibanez, Schecters). Find out the one that you love.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by IWank7Sevens
Didn't know they made metal guitars.

I bet that sounds like hell.

Imagine how heavy it would be too!

I suggest you keep your current guitar and get a Roland Cube 30X. Easily the best solid state amp for the price.
+1 to the new amp ideas. A guitar is a guitar is a hunk of wood with wires, magnets and strings (and maybe a pickguard). Try out a few amps first and see what appeals. If you aren't worried about budget i'd look for a used or small tube amp, or maybe around a 25-30 watt solid state (avoid Marshall MG or Line 6 Spider just as a general rule). Trust me when I say that getting a new amp helps immensely when the upgrade is a leap from a starter amp to a semi-tube beast.

Edit: Plural(s)
Mate it dosent matter what guitar you buy, you're not going to get a tone anywhere near what you're looking for. The SP-10 came with my first guitar and well it's not good. A Roland Cube would help you out alot, a 30 would do you fine.
HI
+2
Forget about the guitar completely for now and invest in an amp. If you pay $300 on a guitar now and play it through your existing amp you will be massively disappointed in the results. I've searched through your Guitar Centre website as I'm based in the UK so use different sources and without a shadow of a doubt, the Roland Cube 30 is head and shoulders better than anything else there for the money, especially for the music you want to play. When I was at your stage I tried loads of amps out and it was a difficult exercise for me because my ability was still limited but I had developed enough of an ear for sound that I was becoming very critical about what I heard. Most amps at that point are completely forgettable but the Cube 30 was really impressive. It will give you everything you could want at this stage, it will inspire you to play and you'll be amazed at how much better your existing guitar sounds. Once you've got that sorted then you should start to save for a new guitar.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1