Japanther is a super neat band from New York. They are half Lo-Fi, half punk, and half noise, half jaguar, and half panther. They make my ears happy.
Any fans?

You can give them a listen on their last.fm, http://www.last.fm/music/Japanther
peace & chemicals
Rrrriiiiiivvvvveeeeerrrrrrrr!!!!! Phhhheeeeeeoooonnnnniiiixxxxx!!!!
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Love Japanther

and the drummer's buttcrack.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
just heard these guys a little while ago, although ive been hearing about them for a while. liked what i heard - any suggestions about what i should look into?
I really like them, they're a fun band, they seem like they'd be great to see.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by sjada
just heard these guys a little while ago, although ive been hearing about them for a while. liked what i heard - any suggestions about what i should look into?

Their album Dump the Body in Rikki Lake.
peace & chemicals
Also try Master Of Pigeons.
I like them. Even though I'm pretty sure they wrote the same song like 50 times
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by anti
...half jaguar, and half panther...

So that's what it stands for.

EDIT:
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
When I hear Japanther I think of a Japanese panther. Not a jaguar-panther.

Last edited by hug a llama at Jul 29, 2008,
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart

Anyway, they're okay.

Same here, except I think they're better than ok.
Quote by RiotRiotUpstart
Same

Quote by yeahyeah
I like them. Even though I'm pretty sure they wrote the same song like 50 times
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah, I have no idea what their name means. I figured i'd stick to a cat theme.
peace & chemicals
I saw Japanther not too long ago, our friend's The Book Slave set up the show.
It's was super awesome. And Penny Rimbaud was there, and he read/shouted a poem while Japanther made some background noise. Then Japanther played and I danced and it was really fun.
Also, before he yells at me for not mentioning him again, Jeremiah was also there.
I've seen them a buncha times and didn't really care for them. FUTURE VIRGINS blew them away at Mauled By Tigers last year.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
I like them a lot. They're playing here with Against Me! at a reaaaaallllyy huuuge venue which kind of sucks. I don't think I'll go.
How much are tickets? I can't imagine that Japanther in a big venue.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

25 dollars!? HA!
Against Me are assholes.
peace & chemicals
Agreed. I actually payed more than that for my Gogol Bordello ticket, but I don't really care because GB is worth it and Against Me is not.
I'll probably pay $25 to see Against Me if their tour with Ted Leo comes here.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I'd consider it if someone who catches them before me says that they play a bunch of old songs. But then I'm not a big TL and the Pharmacists fan either
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by neidnarb11890
I saw Japanther not too long ago, our friend's The Book Slave set up the show.
It's was super awesome. And Penny Rimbaud was there, and he read/shouted a poem while Japanther made some background noise. Then Japanther played and I danced and it was really fun.
Also, before he yells at me for not mentioning him again, Jeremiah was also there.

Yeah I was there, and you were there cause I was there! If it weren't for me you would have never even heard of 'em!
It was a great show. I got to sing JPNTHR lyrics in my grrrl's ear. I got to chat with the both the bassist and the drummer about the Minutemen/Mike Watt for a bit. It was totally the best show I ever went to. The atmosphere was just the most fun.
But anyways, for JPNTHR albums, check out 'Master of Pigeons' and 'Don't Trust anyone Over Thirty'. Oh yeah, they're new album is a good spin too.

Quote by Doolittle
Yeah I was there, and you were there cause I was there! If it weren't for me you would have never even heard of 'em!
It was a great show. I got to sing JPNTHR lyrics in my grrrl's ear. I got to chat with the both the bassist and the drummer about the Minutemen/Mike Watt for a bit. It was totally the best show I ever went to. The atmosphere was just the most fun.
But anyways, for JPNTHR albums, check out 'Master of Pigeons' and 'Don't Trust anyone Over Thirty'. Oh yeah, they're new album is a good spin too.

Pfft, I went for The Book Slave. I stayed for the Japanther.
I saw them a couple of weeks ago. It was a small crowd (like 15-20 people?) and it was really, really fun.
Last edited by SandyPilgrim at Nov 30, 2008,
Guess who's seeing them for seven bucks tomorrow night?

Hollaaaaa.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
they're like a cuter, more lo-fi Matt & Kim
which apparently IS possible
although before hearing them, i would have dismissed such an absurd notion
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!