Well, I am 22. I live in a small town with not many friends. Not complaining though, its not bad here, I have a place to live, and a good job...well could pay more but hey. Basically for the past few years I just feel like I'm wasting away here, there isn't anything to do besides go to bars, and I'm not that type.
Ive come to a few things I can do. I can 1) Go to college get a 4 year degree, and use that to travel the world teaching English. 2) I can join the Marines, also get a 4 year degree paid for by them. 3) Go be a plumber in Dallas with my friend....-_____- Or 4) sit here forever.
Of course like probably everybody else here I want to dabble in music. I know I'm not ready for that just yet, I don't think I'm skilled enough, plus I don't know any other musicians here. I think I need time to mature, before I devote myself to being in a band. I also feel like I need to contribute something to others, more then just making songs and such first. I feel like I should do something, not just be some dumb **** kid you know?
I'm just having a bit of a time deciding what to do. The Marines is a big commitment, 16 weeks of basic training, but its something I can carry with me long after. College would be fun, but I would go anyways. Basically If I went to college only, I would get the degree then head overseas for a while. After doing that for a few years I would come back and do music as much as possible. If I picked the military path, I would do music right after leaving I would stay around 4-5 years in there. I really don't plan on doing the plumbing thing its just another option. I'm not content in doing ordinary stuff ...no offince it bores me. And any other way I always have that degree to fall back on.
I just want some honest opnions, suggestions, or anything that you guys may have I don't have many people to ask. And please no smart ass comments. Thanks to anybody who reads & posts!

-JH
hmm..military could be hard like y'know mentally or whatever...if you had a college degree you could probably get a decent job in a city or something
Sig space available, give me some praise
i dont kno about u but traveling the world seems like it will never get boring. ever.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Get your Bachelor's degree. It'll be a fun experience, plus something to fall back on. It was the best thing I've ever done. You need a Bachelor's degree minimum to make decent money nowadays.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
I say get your degree and move to a different city that is more lively.
FIJI
in the military you'll be helping out your country, which is IMO a dammmmmmnnn good thing to do
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
Go to the Marines, mate!

Or you could run away.

Take nothing with you but your guitar, some money and a spare change of clothes.

It changed my life forever.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by ross1234
hmm..military could be hard like y'know mentally or whatever...if you had a college degree you could probably get a decent job in a city or something

Marines training is one if not the hardest to get threw in all the armed services. Just one of the tests is to swim 500 meters in 13 min or less. I been a lazy **** long enough haha. Yes, I have thought about that too.
Quote by Crazymike100
Go to the Marines, mate!

Or you could run away.

Take nothing with you but your guitar, some money and a spare change of clothes.

It changed my life forever.

I think I'm to old to runaway now lol. So it would be just running, and besides I don't run from anything. Thanks!!!
You're asking the wrong question. The real question is "Who to do?"

...I didn't read the OP past the first few lines. Look, my sarcastic answer still applies. It should be the people, not the place, that you take pleasure in.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
You're asking the wrong question. The real question is "Who to do?"

...I didn't read the OP past the first few lines. Look, my sarcastic answer still applies. It should be the people, not the place, that you take pleasure in.

.......>__>; ...Yea. Thanks.