the other day it was supposed to thunderstorm where i live so i raced home from work to unplug my amp and other gear that i had left plugged in. so i was wondering, how safe do you guys think guitars, amps, effects boards, etc., are from getting fryed and do you guys unplug your equipment?
Quote by djmay71
the other day it was supposed to thunderstorm where i live so i raced home from work to unplug my amp and other gear that i had left plugged in. so i was wondering, how safe do you guys think guitars, amps, effects boards, etc., are from getting fryed and do you guys unplug your equipment?

no never
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by Steve The Plank
I never unplug my stuff and they're fine.

yep
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
agreed with everyone above me
Quote by BladeSlinger
I'm about 5' 4" and have slightly furry feet.....I'm not going in a ****ing volcano though...

I love the Foo's!

GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!
I always unplug my stuff after I'm done using it.

Helps cut down on the electricity bill.

Did you know that amps use 40% more electricity when they're unplugged?
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by Crazymike100

Dont you mean they use 40% of the energy they would use if turned on and in use if just switched of and left plugged in?
40% DAMN, thats alot.

I leave mine pluged in.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by Crazymike100

You unplug it to save electricity bill, even though you just said it used 40% more when unplugged?

Fail.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I don't take the chance, cause when Illinois gets severe weather, it gets pretty damn intense. I have to go unplug mine soon, cause we got a severe thunderstorm warning out now. Anyway, I don't want my amp fried, so I unplug it.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Pyrest
Dont you mean they use 40% of the energy they would use if turned on and in use if just switched of and left plugged in?

Ahh, shit.

I meant that they use 40% more electricity when plugged in.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
All my stuff is plugged into a surge protector and a Furman.

I'm pretty sure its safe. If anything, the Furman still has a warranty and only it will get fried.
It won't kill my guitar stuff

but it did kill one port on my switch and my servers network card

Quote by Crazymike100

no they don't, theres a switch there which completely disconnects the power from any of the actual amp circuitry in there (doesn't even get to the transformer)
Well I live in Texas, and we have a TON of thunderstorms. What I usually do is keep everything plugged in to a surge protector and just turn that off when I'm done. That way, I don't have to unplug and don't have to worry about electrical surges.