Just got back from Guitar Center and such and tried a bunch of guitars. I had my eye on this one particular Ibanez. It was $349 and felt nice. My other option(s) were a Dean (which one though?) or a Yamaha (dunno, I never thought I would rely on one of those), or lastly, a Fender.

Budget should be no more than $400.

Go!
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Generally, acoustics from Ibanez, Dean, and Fender are not great guitars.

Yamahas are pretty good though.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Yamahas make great low end budget guitars. My friend has a cheap solid top Yamaha from the 70's and it plays easier than most of the $1000+ guitars i've played. It's definitely not better, but it plays just wonderful.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Don't rely on the electric brands that you're familiar and comfortable with. Acoustics are a whole different ball game. Within your price range you should look at Yamaha, Alvarez, Seagull, Art & Lutherie, Simon & Patrick, Takamine, and Washburn.
If those were your only options, then definitely go with the Yamaha.
Yip, Yamaha is the one out of those.

Check the guitars under 300 thread. Some great stuff in there that you'll be comfortable playing. The best is that you'll still have some budget left to invest in something else like a hardcase.
Thanks for the opinions. I'll look into the non-electric brand acoustics. Might work out better in the long run.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal