hey everybody

so I am pretty new to the whole guitar customizing world so please keep the vocabulary easy enough to understand.

so I have a Epiphone Les Paul standard limited edition and I want to put in some new pickups in it. I am thinking about A pair of Iron Gear Rolling mills or a pair of duncans such as a SH-2 Jazz in the neck and a custom 5 in the bridge position. ( any ideas on which pair is better play stuff like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, GnR, clapton.... just wonna have both nice distortion but also good cleans I have a Vox AD50)

Now would it be better to first change the electric stuff such as pots and toggle switch ..
something like this set: http://store.guitarfetish.com/colespaupelc.html
before I change my pickups or a the stock epi parts good quality? I mean 23 bucks is not too bad and if it atually does something good to the sound it might be worth it.

thanks for your help guys!!!!
get duncans their just awesome in my opinion
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Get a FULL Tube amp, then change pickups. The order of customizing is, Amp > Pedals > Pickups. Pickups go last, cause any change in those really isnt going to change your sound that much, your sound and tone comes 75% from your amp, 23% from your pedals and 2% pickups.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
Get a FULL Tube amp, then change pickups. The order of customizing is, Amp > Pedals > Pickups. Pickups go last, cause any change in those really isnt going to change your sound that much, your sound and tone comes 75% from your amp, 23% from your pedals and 2% pickups.

dude...some people do not use pedals you know...
so I doubt it's 23% in pedals.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
dude...some people do not use pedals you know...
so I doubt it's 23% in pedals.

It was a rough estimate for those who do. If I had said (90% amp) or something, someone would have said "What about pedals?!?!?"
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
The electronics wont really change the sound at all unless you have like, jesus ears and cna hear the difference between gold plated things. But I'd say go for an amp first. If you're still not satisfied and feel like you need a slight edge, then change pickups.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment