Hey everyone. I'm looking to buy a new acoustic guitar. My budget is around 500-600 dollars. I'd have to buy a new hardshell case for the guitar too so I can't go over that.

I went to my local music store and there was this blueridge guitar I loved the sound of. I did some research around here and the internet in general.

Does anyone have any opinions on these guitars? I looked on this website and there are a couple of complaints about the guitar's construction quality. This is one of the small reasons why I haven't already bought the guitar.
Blueridge guitars are generally quite good. I wouldn't worry too much about the construction quality. Blueridge has made a name for itself as a pretty good manufacturer of Martin-like guitars. If it feels and sounds right to you then it should be fine.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I tried some of those this weekend and they sounded great, especially the solid wood guitars. They are out of your budget but their other models were very nice as well.
Quote by captivate
Blueridge guitars are generally quite good. I wouldn't worry too much about the construction quality. Blueridge has made a name for itself as a pretty good manufacturer of Martin-like guitars. If it feels and sounds right to you then it should be fine.

+1

Blueridge is also one of the few manufacturers to make affordable pre war martin style guitars.
Quote by samblack
+1

Blueridge is also one of the few manufacturers to make affordable pre war martin style guitars.

Definitely. They come with at least a solid top and bone saddle + nut. Even my Martin doesn't come with a bone saddle + nut. You really get quite a good deal when the stats on paper.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by jw99
I tried some of those this weekend and they sounded great, especially the solid wood guitars. They are out of your budget but their other models were very nice as well.

My local shop is selling a blueridge br-143 for $575. It's new and a pretty nice deal, i think... They're throwing in the hardcase for $70 (overpriced to begin with but it was $90 to start), a humidifier and a new pair of strings (after a little negotiating lol).

The guitar i was looking at had a solid body, gloss finish, the works. It was pretty nice especially when i played it. not too much to comment on the nut and bridge since I couldn't just tell by looking.