so im getting a classic 30 this week.
my question is, what types of overdrive and/or distortion pedals that work especially well with this amp. So far I like the tubescreamer 808 for OD and im not rly sure wat for distortion (maybe a modded ds1). I play classic rock, blues, and hard rock mostly.
So, got any suggestions?
With only a tubescreamer you can get plenty of gain for those genres. You sure you need a distortion pedal as well?

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
well its an either/or type thing. I'm just getting ideas for both. I am looking for more of an OD pedal tho.
btw can neone explain the sound differences between the ts 808 and the ts 9?
I thought the 808 sounded a little more vintage and transparent and the ts9 was more modern sounding and had more boost.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
yeah after listening to clips the ts 808 sounds warmer while the ts 9 sounds harsher and more brittle
electro harmonix english muff'n is my my favorite od pedal
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Tubescreamer would do. Ibanez TS808 or Maxon OD-9
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
sorry to hijack the thread, sort of, kind of contributing but if I were to get a C30, and wanted to play metal OCCASIONALLY still, like have the option to do it, how can i get the gain up without using a straight distortion pedal on the clean channel? are there any OD's that will boost the overdrive channel of the amp into metal territory? also, any distortion pedals that would sound great with the C30, for metal
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
sorry to hijack the thread, sort of, kind of contributing but if I were to get a C30, and wanted to play metal OCCASIONALLY still, like have the option to do it, how can i get the gain up without using a straight distortion pedal on the clean channel? are there any OD's that will boost the overdrive channel of the amp into metal territory? also, any distortion pedals that would sound great with the C30, for metal

Any OD should do it. Mine hits metal with a Bad Monkey... though I like less gain than most people... It will do fine for occasional metal though.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Quote by Checker
Any OD should do it. Mine hits metal with a Bad Monkey... though I like less gain than most people... It will do fine for occasional metal though.

could you upload clips? possibly?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by prsrulz91
so im getting a classic 30 this week.
my question is, what types of overdrive and/or distortion pedals that work especially well with this amp. So far I like the tubescreamer 808 for OD and im not rly sure wat for distortion (maybe a modded ds1). I play classic rock, blues, and hard rock mostly.
So, got any suggestions?

here's what you do:
1. get the 808, the maxon is better than the ibanez i've heard
2. you won't need the distortion pedal, just use the amp's od, it will be way better than anything you can get in a pedal
be prepared to have a nice rig
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by danyellenik
could you upload clips? possibly?

I would love to... I have absolutely no way of recording though. Can't even take a video. :[

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
A tubescreamer or other OD should be fine, if used over the OD channel, for your genres.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
ok besides the tubescreamer are there ne other exceptional od pedals
to the guy who suggested the english muffn-not a bad idea, i just dont like all the fuzz that the muff'n seems to have (according to soundclips on musiciansfriend). Are there settings on the muff'n that can reduce all that fuzz?